2003 Banshee GOOD DEAL?

Shee274

Hey bought a 2003 banshee Limited edition the other day for 1300. I bought on a whim that i could possible make some money in the future on it compeletly stock except for front rims and ricky stator stator. the bads is that i will need to strip the frame and get it either painted or powered coated including the arms and it has a bent rear rim. it was sitting for two years and its still on original rebuild.

Hey bought a 2003 banshee Limited edition the other day for 1300. I bought on a whim that i could possible make some money in the future on it compeletly stock except for front rims and ricky stator stator. the bads is that i will need to strip the frame and get it either painted or powered coated including the arms and it has a bent rear rim. it was sitting for two years and its still on original rebuild.

i would say either i made a bad buy or you made a fairly good one as long as it runs. that is if you are going to use it. a flip maybe not so much but its got potentioal imo. i paid the same for a 96 with fmf's supposedly .040 over(havent checked), boost bottle, kn filter crappy paint over the plastics and frame and needing the clutch worked on. but ive got about $100 into it other than the initial cost and ran it for about 3 months til i tore it down to repaint the frame.

X2. I would ditch that RS and get a stock one.

Welcome to BHQ :cheers:

okay well it did come with extra set of rims and tires and i changed the bent rim out and with another rim and tire and it still has a slight shake at top end coming from the rear tire so i im guessing thats its etiher a bent axle or spindle...... anyone know of a good axle? and why so much hate on the ricky stator i was always told that that was top of the line

Well , you was told wrong . If I had a dollar for every complaint about Ricky stuff ,I could buy a stock one new. Have seen two and three trys on new in box before person got one that would work. So when you come back in a couple months saying it runs bad , you will be told to junk the Ricky. Personally I don't understand why no one can make an aftermarket stator that works and holds up.