cant align clutch properly? need help

yosi

hi everyone

this is probs a stupid question but i cant align the clutch push lever with the protuberance on the crankcase?

i followed the manual and how it tells you to move the push lever towords the front and then turn the adjuster screw until both the lever and arow on the crankcase are aligned. but my lever wont reach the arrow on the crankcase becasue the adjuster is screwed all the way in?

i think i might need new springs and fibers?

but i want to check with people who know more than me about this.

thankyou everyone in advance

mannnn thankyou haha.

there is no ball there :S

thats what u get for buying a cheap banshee i guess.

if i install the ball will the clutch disengage properly because atm it isnt disengaging very well?

I don't see how it works at all right now. Yes after proper adjustment it should work properly.

make sure the pressure plate is all the way on. if it's not clamping the discs, pull it off and turn it one bolt hole and try again. also, make sure you didn't loose the ball. as for the adjustment, you basically want 1/8"-1/4" play in the lever(not counting the pressure from the spring on the case) 1/4" gives you the most time between when you have to open the cover and adjust again. wjen you adjust the cable, make sure it has no pressure on the clutch, or it will smoke it...

hey i just came back from the yamaha shop and they gave me a ball bearing but im pretty sure they gave me the wonrg one becuase it seems to be too small. it is only 4mm long.

can someone please tell me whether this is the right ball or not thanks

4mm sounds small, it should be more like 8-10mm. It should just barely fit inside the shaft, if it is too small it is not going to center properly and give you more problems. Remember, it is always best to use the right parts the first time so it does not cost you more to fix it the second time.

Edited by bansheesandrider

well i called the shop again and told him the story, and as i thought it was the worng ball so i ordered a new one. get it in 2 days so should be good after that.

Like everyone is saying the clutch did just about nothing without the ball

thanks everyone