2-5 overide

Phelps

i picked up a 2-5 cut by (Mike brooks)??? this would be my first overide so i have a question. is the drum suppose to be modified? does anyone know mike brooks and know how good his cuts are? does 2-5 mean it has all the gears with stock neutral position, just that you have to use the clutch 1-2 and 5-6?

thanks for any help!

I have a Mike Brooks tranny and have no complaints. The drum is supposed to be modified as well. 2-5 override has stock nuetral position, clutch nuetral into 1st and 1st into 2nd and click the rest. 6th gear is removed. Make sure that you pull in the clutch to stop or you will bend shift forks.

I have a Mike Brooks tranny and have no complaints. The drum is supposed to be modified as well. 2-5 override has stock nuetral position, clutch nuetral into 1st and 1st into 2nd and click the rest. 6th gear is removed. Make sure that you pull in the clutch to stop or you will bend shift forks.

thanks! he said this one still has 6th...? is he confused in what he had? also said he didn't think the drum was modded, but he would look when he got home and ship it to me if it was.

i was told mike's wife had passed and he got out of the atv scene so i wouldn't know how to contact him, or if it would even do any good.

thanks! he said this one still has 6th...? is he confused in what he had? also said he didn't think the drum was modded, but he would look when he got home and ship it to me if it was.

i was told mike's wife had passed and he got out of the atv scene so i wouldn't know how to contact him, or if it would even do any good.

I can't be 100% certain on what you have, but mine has a modified drum and 6th gear removed.

I dont think its possible to do an override without a modded drum. You need that drum or the trans wont work as an override

yeah and my stock trans i traded him wont do him much good either lol he said he is going to pull it and ship it to me monday.

the only 2-5 override setup ive ever heard of has no 6th gear, neutral all the way down clutch to start then click click till you get into 5th, as mentioned before pull that clutch in when stopping for forks sake, tyson racing is doing mine and the drum must be modded as well, my whole conversion will cost me $325.00

the only 2-5 override setup ive ever heard of has no 6th gear, neutral all the way down clutch to start then click click till you get into 5th, as mentioned before pull that clutch in when stopping for forks sake, tyson racing is doing mine and the drum must be modded as well, my whole conversion will cost me $325.00

might wanna check but most 2-5 overides I've seen they don't cut 5th gear so you can let off in 5th just like a stock tranny and sometimes they remove 1st gear, but if they don't then it is usally not cut either so its just like a stock gear as well so you can let off and treat it like a reg gear as well. Might want to check with who ever cut it so you don't replace shift forks sooner then you want! JMO... :)