modified my stock petcock

ban99

I'm sure someone has done this before me but I couldn't find any topics on it (truth is i didn't search that hard). This took about 20 minutes and $8 in parts from lowes. I bored the left side with a 19/64 bit then tapped it with a 1/8 - 27 tap. I have not yet tested the flow rate but so far looks as tho it should work pretty well.

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

I was debating about that but I am sitting with a stock set up right now and more or less wanted to feed both carbs at the same rate and eliminate that stupid stock set up with the y valve. I was honestly hoping someone would chime in and tell me why it was a bad idea to do this just because it was so easy to do that i can't figure out why more people don't do it. I will however take your advise AK when I upgrade on carbs.

I was debating about that but I am sitting with a stock set up right now and more or less wanted to feed both carbs at the same rate and eliminate that stupid stock set up with the y valve. I was honestly hoping someone would chime in and tell me why it was a bad idea to do this just because it was so easy to do that i can't figure out why more people don't do it. I will however take your advise AK when I upgrade on carbs.

I did that! I just drilled out the whole outlet and then ported the aux and the main nozzles together and modified the seal so I just always run it on aux and my carbs haven't ran out of fuel since!

I did that! I just drilled out the whole outlet and then ported the aux and the main nozzles together and modified the seal so I just always run it on aux and my carbs haven't ran out of fuel since!

Ya, couldn't see spending the bucks for a pingel when I could get basically the same thing moding my stock one.

the thing about this mod, you are still limited by the petcock. it has the small opening in the valve itself.

i like how purdy and stout a pingle is, which is why i would probably buy one, even if i didn't need the flow. anywho- the main port, and rez port by itself should flow more than a single needle/seat, so you can still mod the thing to flow plenty for 2 needle/seat setups wide open. only thing i could see is if someone has it setup with electric pj's or somehow pulling fuel from before the float valve :shrugani: