New Banshee Owner Maintenance

brybear

Hi Guys

Last friday I picked up my first banshee, a used 2003 that was in stellar shape. I am wondering what would you guys do after purchasing a used quad. What fluids should I change? What should I adjust? I changed the gas when I took it home and took it out to ocotillo for a few hours of riding today. I already am planning to change the air filter and adjust the chain. It runs very well but I want to make sure everything is fresh and adjusted properly to avoid any possible damage.

I read through the stickies and will read through the owner/service manual over the next few days.

I appreciate the help guys and cant wait to spend more time on my banshee B)

Hi Guys

Last friday I picked up my first banshee, a used 2003 that was in stellar shape. I am wondering what would you guys do after purchasing a used quad. What fluids should I change? What should I adjust? I changed the gas when I took it home and took it out to ocotillo for a few hours of riding today. I already am planning to change the air filter and adjust the chain. It runs very well but I want to make sure everything is fresh and adjusted properly to avoid any possible damage.

I read through the stickies and will read through the owner/service manual over the next few days.

I appreciate the help guys and cant wait to spend more time on my banshee B)

Welcome to BHQ & congrats on the banshee purchase :cheers:

I would change the gas, trans oil, and coolant for sure. If your wonder what oils to run, in the gas I run Klotz R-50 @40:1..trans I run ATF type-F, and coolant I just run 50/50 Prestone.

Make sure your jetting is correct to avoid any motor damage caused from running too lean. Start rich and work your way down. Also make sure both carbs are synced with eachother (the slides open and close simultaneously with one another).

Having the owners manual will come in handy for sure.

Welcome to BHQ & congrats on the banshee purchase :cheers:

I would change the gas, trans oil, and coolant for sure. If your wonder what oils to run, in the gas I run Klotz R-50 @40:1..trans I run ATF type-F, and coolant I just run 50/50 Prestone.

Make sure your jetting is correct to avoid any motor damage caused from running too lean. Start rich and work your way down. Also make sure both carbs are synced with eachother (the slides open and close simultaneously with one another).

Having the owners manual will come in handy for sure.

Plus one on the r-50. It's good stuff. Smells good too. I'm running 32:1 on premix. I think what was said on everything else sounds good too.