i think shes dying

hello, took her out yesterday and she ran fine for 30 min, then she started to bogg at low rpms... she would run if full throttle....not a chance of her idleing...wondering what this could be...

could have sucked dirt in and clogged pilot jet.clean carbs and re-synchronize.check to make sure plugs are not on the way out,check compression.reeds could be cracked if all the other options check out okay.hell,when u pull the carbs to clean them,might as well look at the reeds since ur 8 bolts away.

could have sucked dirt in and clogged pilot jet.clean carbs and re-synchronize.check to make sure plugs are not on the way out,check compression.reeds could be cracked if all the other options check out okay.hell,when u pull the carbs to clean them,might as well look at the reeds since ur 8 bolts away.

thanks bro :)

• 3 weeks later...

ok so far the carbs have been cleaned and no clogging of pilot jets...looked in at the reeds with a flash light and all of them seem to be fine none missing no obvious signs of damage...didnt want to unbolt the manifolds cause i think some of the bolts are rounded and im worried about re-sealing....so what else havent comp tested her yet...havent looked at plugs either...

Is it getting colder where you are? Might try adjusting air screw.

it is getting colder, but she doesnt feel like shes running lean...however ill play around a lil bit with it...gonna clean air filter maybe there clogged, i highly doubt it though....could dirt be clogging in the gas tank somewhere, in the fuel valve or something? although i cant c how any dirt could have gotten inthere...

i will comp test her but i may b hard to get her warmed up to temp...i dont wanna have to bar her to warm her up ahhahha

• 2 weeks later...

ok so i compression tested her, but engine was cold...but i dont think it matters cause it was 30 psi on the left and 85 on right...so i guess i sucked dirt in....whats the chances that she may just need new rings? or think have to bore her and new top end?

if only 30psi you'll defanately need to bore it at least .020 over from what ever size it's @ That much ware I'm sure the bore is way out of round. You be amazes how much nicer she'll run again with fresh bores. Suggestion made is use wiseco's

yah she is already bored 20 over with weiscos...i should have gotten her ported at last rebuild...i wonder if its still worth to port not that ill have to bore her again...and the cylinders will b through half its bore life ahha...?

your just at .020 that's nothing you can go all the way up to .100 over. You have plenty of life. If you plan to port it that will be well worth the investment. that's the #1 power added to a banshee. But the port work has to be done right. If you interested in some port work I'd be happy to offer our services as well machining services to bore your cylinders too.

check us out http://www.wickedatv.com/duportal30/home/detail.asp?iData=358&iCat=259&iChannel=2&nChannel=Articles

Hope this is all help full info. If you have any more questions feel free to ask them bud.