Best suspeension set up for a Glamis duner?

SuperMex

I agree with Zilla....you did say you wanted the best!!

Otherwise, if you're looking for real good/cost effective you can't beat a decent set of +2/+1 arms with a +2 swingarm in conjunction with aftermarket shocks. It all depends on how much you wanna spend.

The draggers will tell you to get a +4 or longer swinger but for duning...the shorter the better. The longer it is, the shittier it is for Glamis duning. I run a +2 and have no regrets.

A great upgrade is to get a roundhouse carrier. The stock design blows.

I agree with Zilla....you did say you wanted the best!!

Otherwise, if you're looking for real good/cost effective you can't beat a decent set of +2/+1 arms with a +2 swingarm in conjunction with aftermarket shocks. It all depends on how much you wanna spend.

The draggers will tell you to get a +4 or longer swinger but for duning...the shorter the better. The longer it is, the shittier it is for Glamis duning. I run a +2 and have no regrets.

A great upgrade is to get a roundhouse carrier. The stock design blows.

I take it back what zilla posted would be the best

i thought you asked for the best, not some cheap hack set up.

Hahahahahaha hack set up huh I guess Nevermind then it was just a thought since so many people use that set up I assumed it was a descent one I'm saving for a nice pair of wickeds and sone long travels shocks probably elkas

First off I'd think you need to figure out what type a rider you are. That would help to figure out what to recommend. Are you: Insane and hi flying, Hard carver with medium jumps, drag... I mean what do you want from the bike?

I like hard carving, mid level jumping, long rides, and to be able to shoot Olds or China and stay at the front. I'm just under 200 lbs and run mid priced 2+1 front arms comperable to the wickeds which I hear are great for the price, an older +2 roundhouse swingarm from Lonestar (go with the roundhouse! you will be happy you did trust me), a +4 axle by Lonestar, and Ohlins all around. I love the ride and the bikes soaks up anything I throw at it. I'm on ITP type C wheels with skat trak mohawks up front and 21x12x8 skat trak 8 paddle extremes in the rear. The bike is FAST, ported, hi compression, running 110. It a great setup for me in all conditions at Glamis and I can still run it in the desert around the phoenix area with dirt tires.

By the way most of this stuff came from fellow BHQers in the For Sale forum.

Figure out how hard you are planning on riding the bike and I bet we can recommend what will give you the most bang for your buck.

I would say I'm a pretty aggressive rider I love duning mostly I like to take a few passes up the hill from time to time but not really my thing I prefer to be out riding than sitting around in a crowd I need a good all around set up to take what ever I throw at it

I would say I'm a pretty aggressive rider I love duning mostly I like to take a few passes up the hill from time to time but not really my thing I prefer to be out riding than sitting around in a crowd I need a good all around set up to take what ever I throw at it

I would sugest you call elka when you order the shocks. You will talk with some one and they can get the shocks dialed in very good. Most of the time people over or under estimate there riding skill level. I had my shocks set up as intermediate rider, Recreation style. Ishock HDUSA makes a great a arm. Dont get a caster adjustable a arm (a arms use hiem joints where they mount to the frame) if your not in to hard core racing. It is hard to set the caster properly and handeling will be greatly affected.

I'd say hit up something like the Wicked 2+1's (I like the caster adjustable but stick to the balljoint style at the spindle cause they are stronger), a good +2 round house swinger, Elkas maybe 1 or 2 stages up from base model with piggy backs, and a G-force +4 axle. If it was me I'd be going with Lonestar arms front and rear but depends on what your budget is. Don't forget that you will be needing brake lines all around. Just my $0.02