Stuck Cool Head

JohnnyRed

I have a Pro Design Cool head on my banshee that I cannot get off. I removed all of the nuts off the studs, disconnected the water lines and removed the lid. I removed all of the stud o-rings. Is there something I'm missing? I've never torn down a banshee and I don't want to damage anything. This bike did overheat badly when the water pump failed so that might be the problem. If so what should I do.

I have a Pro Design Cool head on my banshee that I cannot get off. I removed all of the nuts off the studs, disconnected the water lines and removed the lid. I removed all of the stud o-rings. Is there something I'm missing? I've never torn down a banshee and I don't want to damage anything. This bike did overheat badly when the water pump failed so that might be the problem. If so what should I do.

If you have enough room to double nut each stud, remove them, and see if maybe it's just jammed up on a stud that somehow got tweaked.

Might also try using piece of wood/dowel to get at upward angle and tap. Try some PB Blaster or simular. Don't get to aggresive with the hammer. If there is an area overhanging cyls that is good place to tap upwards. Just keep working at it. Removing stud should be last resort , break one or strip hole you have more work. JMHO , your results may vary.

put the spark plugs back in and kick it over, if you can. that puts a lot of pressure on the domes. that should do the trick...or compressed air, which probably won't be as much as the motor turning over. if you can't do that, then try the mallet and pry in the middle, between the cylinders, just don't ding the hose nippler