serval hp?

makemefaster

So why would the serval make 80hp on 93 oct when its hard to get 100hp out of a full drag ported cub on alky?

If thats the case then why would you buy a cub thats really drag only whey you can get a ridable serval that would keep up with it in a 200 ft strip?

Numbers dont seem to add up to me

So why would the serval make 80hp on 93 oct when its hard to get 100hp out of a full drag ported cub on alky?

If thats the case then why would you buy a cub thats really drag only whey you can get a ridable serval that would keep up with it in a 200 ft strip?

Well spent thousands to find out ....building one this weekend, should be interesting!

time to find a new builder if you are having a hard time making 100hp with a drag ported cub on alky......

well, like they say, "no two dyno's read the same". also, 100 hp with a drag ported cub on alky seems a little low to be honest. and if i remember right, the serval's that were dynoe'd were set up to run on 91 octane, not that it really matters. i would think a drag ported cub on alky should be closer to 110?

from what ive seen.

same parts on a serval and a cheetah, the cheetah will make a good 10-15 hp on top, without porting.

90hp from a cheetah is like a walk in the park for it, 90hp from a serval your going to have to try a bit harder. 100hp from a cheetah your going to have to do a lil bit of work, a serval it will be a stretch.

the number 10 (as in 10hp) might not be a big number, but out of 100 (100hp) that is still 10% more. out of the box.

a cheetah can go were a serval cant and a serval will have better down low/mid than a cheetah. even tho the two basic setups make similar power, one can do what the other cant.

hence why there is two options :)

if that makes any sense.

Im wondering what cub that you are referring to...im assuming that since you are comparing a 80hp serval that you are talking about the one we built and it was a 68x58. Our 68x58 drag ported cubs make 110-115 all day and we have done it time and time again. Another thing to consider is that the serval was built to have a lot of usable power which means that it has a real broad powerband and the roll on is incredible. A cub is usually a hard hit very revy motor. A cub can be built to have good usable power but the builder must work at it a little its not coming free. A as cast serval will never get to 100+ it can however get there with porting but thats what a cub is. I think that the serval is a awesome motor and will probably fit the masses better than a cub will. With that said if you show up with a properly setup serval to the drag strip and properly setup cub is there your probably not going to be as happy as you would be in the dunes or trails.

from what ive seen.

same parts on a serval and a cheetah, the cheetah will make a good 10-15 hp on top, without porting.

90hp from a cheetah is like a walk in the park for it, 90hp from a serval your going to have to try a bit harder. 100hp from a cheetah your going to have to do a lil bit of work, a serval it will be a stretch.

the number 10 (as in 10hp) might not be a big number, but out of 100 (100hp) that is still 10% more. out of the box.

a cheetah can go were a serval cant and a serval will have better down low/mid than a cheetah. even tho the two basic setups make similar power, one can do what the other cant.

hence why there is two options :)

if that makes any sense.

I'm gonna clarify this a little as not to mislead/misinform readers. When you say Cheetah; you mean Cheetah Cub (though you don't specify size). The Cheetah is an entirely different cylinder. Also 100 hp on a 421 Cheetah Cub is easily obtained right out of the box on alky with the right carbs. To get that other 10 or so probably takes quite a bit of work.

So i havnt had my cub dynoed but you guys are saying that it should have over 100hp it is a 421 drag ported cub with 39pwks and a ftz msd ignition. i have nitrous on it but havnt ran it yet. See i have a stock cyl drag bike and a cub drag bike and was considering making one a serval if you got a ridable 80hp motor on 93 oct I mean what more could you ask for just wanted to find out the truth there are so many things flying around about them.

So i havnt had my cub dynoed but you guys are saying that it should have over 100hp it is a 421 drag ported cub with 39pwks and a ftz msd ignition. i have nitrous on it but havnt ran it yet. See i have a stock cyl drag bike and a cub drag bike and was considering making one a serval if you got a ridable 80hp motor on 93 oct I mean what more could you ask for just wanted to find out the truth there are so many things flying around about them.

I suggest you contact Andy at M&M he is the only one that I have seen here in the Mid-west, and has posted a dyno.

these cylinders are absolutely brand new. i really doubt there is more than a few even together... the concept is NOT. if you want to have a FUN riding bike that makes very high HP for what you have put in cash wise the serval is for you if your building a "drag bike" and dont want to spend a lot of $$$ the cub is the choice for the best bang for the buck.. at least thats how i see it. these cylinders have oppend up a new option that was missing and now is becoming harder to explain the difference's in them to people who might buy them. i usually just ask a few questions..

how much do you want to spend

how are you going to ride the bike

where are you going to ride it

how much do you want to spend?

these q's in my mind answer'd honestley will dictate what i recomend..