Hone

ionroller

My right cylinder lost compression so I tore it down last night.

the rings are kind of stuck on the piston, and have no tension.

there are some little scratches in the cylinder, could they be honed?

Is a ball hone the best to use, and what size should I get, I believe my cylinders are 64.5mm

pistons are weisco. Could I just get new rings?

run your finger nail across the scratches and try to make them catch....if they do, it probably needs a bore. check, or have checked, the bore for size/clearance and square, and do the same for the pistons. yes, you can re-ring. stuck rings do happen. you can break the old ring to clean the grove out (don't break with the ring installed, of course)

I had a local machine shop ball hone my bores and I re-ringed my Pro-Lites once, but it's just a temporary solution really. You can get a few more rides out of it (maybe a lot depends on the hours it already has and how hard you are on it) but you're better off just going to the next overbore with fresh pistons IMHO...

you can use a small ball hone ,but i have had bad luck with the balls getting stuck in the ports and ripping off. i found it better to use a three finger stone hone instead. it does a great job. and as far as going to the next size , i woundn't unless you have to the less you bore them the more life you get out off them in the long run. and if you have a stuck ring i would just buy new pistons and stone hone as long as your finger nail doesn't get caught on the srcatchs in the cyclinder wall. JMO

oh yeah you should do the finger nail test after the hone, the hone will clean it up pretty good. don't forget to wash your cyclineders with warm water and use compped air to blow them out . just to make sure they r clean from the honing.

I will have to see if my 3 stone hone will go that small..

Should I stick with weisco pistons again, us ebay about the best spot to get them?

actually most of the site sponsors have wiseco's cheaper than ebay. also vitos has some pretty nice pistons if your porting is stock. they are made by wiseco and have a lower spot where the exhaust port is. kinda like having jugs ported. little more expensive but i liked them when i used them