Front Brakes

He's A Shee

Yea I've already rebuilt the MC. The lines are 11 years old now (shee's a 2000) so I'll try that next. Should I get banshee braided lines, or yfz450 lines?

Thank you guys for the imput!

I had the same problem on my 99' no matter how much i bleed them. they were still spongy... I just kept working the brake with the cap off and it eventually tightend up.. big pain in the ass.. must have taken me 2 houars of pumping that brake lever... I'm glad I dont use front brakes anymore.. lol

I know you said you didn't wanna hear it but the truth is the truth, get some braided lines... Yes it really does help that much. And don't look at it as much as an accessory, but more of an investment. I had the factory rubber lines on my R1 and after I put Galfers on the front of it the difference was night and day, btw those factory rubber lines were only a year and a half old too. I couldn't imagine the sponge-like feeling of 11 yr old lines. By the time you've gone and put all of this 450 stuff on there you could've just bought some braided lines, new pads, M/C rebuild kit (which you said you already had), and some good DOT 4 fluid and had a perfectly good brake system. Other than that I'd look into whether or not you have a rubber lever or not because there should be no excuse for it reaching all the way back to the grip without being heavily deformed lol. Brake fluid has to be changed on a regular schedule too but being a mechanic I'm sure you already knew that.

I know you said you didn't wanna hear it but the truth is the truth, get some braided lines... Yes it really does help that much. And don't look at it as much as an accessory, but more of an investment. I had the factory rubber lines on my R1 and after I put Galfers on the front of it the difference was night and day, btw those factory rubber lines were only a year and a half old too. I couldn't imagine the sponge-like feeling of 11 yr old lines. By the time you've gone and put all of this 450 stuff on there you could've just bought some braided lines, new pads, M/C rebuild kit (which you said you already had), and some good DOT 4 fluid and had a perfectly good brake system. Other than that I'd look into whether or not you have a rubber lever or not because there should be no excuse for it reaching all the way back to the grip without being heavily deformed lol. Brake fluid has to be changed on a regular schedule too but being a mechanic I'm sure you already knew that.

Yea I shoulda known. Any particular brand you suggest? Now earlier someone mentioned "dual brake lines". Does this differ from the traditional single line off the MC and Y to the calipers?

Well hopefully once I get these, my brakes should be kick ass!

I'm not familiar with the dual lines but the way I understood it was that there were 2 lines going to each caliper :confused: . I'm not too sure but I'm confident that the braided lines will give you the effect you're looking for. I went with SpeedLinez from ASR on both front and rear myself. They're really nice and at a good price too.

banshee brake lines get a lot of air trapped in them especially in the T. I run 450 calipers 450 master ans stock lines for now. Too lazt to put my braided ones on. bUT you have to get a mityvac brake bleedr and blled brakes from the caliper. so much easier and very fast. Harbor frieght has a knock off that works great too thats the one i have. By the way i have 97 stock lines and no probs at all so i dont think its your line

I agree. I don't think it's your lines. I know you said you rebuilt the master......But I've had new parts in the box that were bad. You might have screwed it up, or the parts you used may have been poor quality. My best friend has 1994 lines and they are still fine.....and his bike was stored outside in Chicago weather for 8 of those years!

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400

Should have listened to you guys from the getgo. Streamline braided brake lines, brakes are PERFECT! I wasn't having any problems with the back one being the stock line, but I got the full kit and did them all. Huge Improvement! Thank You!

For anyone reading, Braided Brake lines are a MUST HAVE!

I'll post some pic's soon.