which tire is best

qboronyrican

im looking for a good tire that i can ride the dirt trails to the red clay hills and over to the big ass coal hills and a little road ridding is sometimes needed to get from place to place....which is best for this ....so far i have come up with this list:

super swampers

vampires

swamp witch

kenda knarlys (cut)

paddle masters (proably no good for the trails)

or is there something else better

no way to have one tire thats good for hard trails, clay hills, loose coal hills, and road riding, sorry just not possible, you will have to sacrifice

any tire thats good in loose coal climbs will suck on trails , and of course road (all tires suck on the road)

and any tire thats good on hard pack trails and clay climbs will suck on loose coal climbs, its really one or the other

paddles/mud tires for the loose hills

razr2/holeshot gnccc/kendas for everything else

anybody?

Vampires and swampers are ok on trails and good on climbs, unless your climbing sick climbs. If your into huge hills id go with a paddle tire. Paddle masters are about the best in coal, but very hard to find.

these paddelmasters are good in the coal hills but what about if i went to some sand dunes? would they be good or would i need a different type of paddel? and what if i cant find these paddelmasters, whats the second best for the huge caol hills?

Edited by qboronyrican

matt, clear out your pm box, what paddles does berger run on that green t rex bike? was at gap hills yesterday and was spinning the vampires like mad. i was making it but not getting much traction.

Cleaning out my Pm box now.

Sorry I missed you John. I was out all day Sunday. It was a little cold but had a good time.

You,ll find nothing works as good as a paddle. Vampirers are OK. But when its wet the hills are slick as shit in wet grass.

Matt, how do Realtors work up there?

I would rate them as OK. Better then a Holeshot or somthing similar. If your into Big hills. Paddles are a MUST. Put it this way. If you have a stock Banshee with fmf pipes, and nothing else. Put a set of paddles and you'll be a coal bank hero if you have some balls.

I have super swampers on my bike, But i seem to have a prob, I keep blowing them off the bead and Im not sure why.

Its happened a handful of times, I run them pretty low bc they seem to hook best that way.

Maybe 1-2psi at most, also when on the street they spool up and are about to come off the rim, pretty fucking scary actually so I have to take it easy when on the street.

Anyone have this prob with these tires??

I was in carbondale this weekend and the hills are just weak there, I need to meet up with you guys to hit some of the monsters.

I guess ill put in a order for those paddles, I dont mind the wait..