High idle still after sealing airleak

c1poweredeg

What's up hq another jetting and carb question. Ok before when I installed the new parts on to te shee... it was 28mm pwks 148 and 48 jets,vforce 3 reeds,new intake boots and new clamps. After kicking the bike over 2 times it would start but idle really high, so I thought I had a leak, I resealed everything but the bike still idles high as hell setting on the adustment screw are to spec and then some after some tweaking . But I still can't get the bike to idle correctly . Do you think it could be the jets ? I livee on statenisland if anyone is close leave me ur info. Thanks a lot

What's up hq another jetting and carb question. Ok before when I installed the new parts on to te shee... it was 28mm pwks 148 and 48 jets,vforce 3 reeds,new intake boots and new clamps. After kicking the bike over 2 times it would start but idle really high, so I thought I had a leak, I resealed everything but the bike still idles high as hell setting on the adustment screw are to spec and then some after some tweaking . But I still can't get the bike to idle correctly . Do you think it could be the jets ? I livee on statenisland if anyone is close leave me ur info. Thanks a lot

Are you sure the cable adjuster on top of carbs are adjusted correctly?

I was told to be able to slide a dime between the cable and adjuster... is that correct?

I never herd of such a thing. Also, make sure your thumb throttle is not adjusted out to far. This would also cause high idle.

People bring banshees to me all the time for idle/carb problems. Its usually a bad adjustment.

X2. Check your adjustment on everything.

check the vacuum tube that goes between the carbs and make sure thats connected

Thanks everyone ...I will try it out tommrow on the adjustments...tommrow when I get my bike bak

ok update i got the bike back. i kick it over..check the thumba adjuster and i also checked the height of the cables goin into the top of the carbs. and there all ok.. but in order for me to shut the bike down or get decent idle i gotta cover both carbs but while just hovering over the mouths of the carbs my hands get soaked with fuel. any ideas ??

ok update i got the bike back. i kick it over..check the thumba adjuster and i also checked the height of the cables goin into the top of the carbs. and there all ok.. but in order for me to shut the bike down or get decent idle i gotta cover both carbs but while just hovering over the mouths of the carbs my hands get soaked with fuel. any ideas ??

you have a bad vacuum leak, air leak!

your bike is running with a leak still.... a leak will cause the high idle and lean the motor out....then the after effect is heat from being lean and hi-revved.....this will cause detonation and dieseling (which your running into)..... it wont shut down because its hot enough from running lean that it is "self" igniting itself instead of waiting for the sparkplug to ignite your a/f mix.

Have you done a leakdown test on your motor? you can use a leakdown test to help descern weather you have a airleak and also to find the leaks BEFORE you fire it up....