Ouch! Pics

KlotzBanshee

Well, I've been riding my banshee in shorts for ten plus years without incident until now. I've had a bunch of friends say its crazy to ride in anything but long pants and I pretty much just shrugged it off.

Now mind you, I wear Alpinestar full length boots and the shorts I was wearing were Thor Static pants with the zip off legs so they're made for riding in. But wouldn't you know it, the only three inches of exposed flesh between the boots and shorts; gets it.

I came through a set of whoops flying and damn near got thrown off the shee. I ended up hanging half off to the right side and put my leg right on the head pipe.

Right after I did it.

PhonePix111.jpg

A week later.

PhonePix110.jpg

Gassing up the machines.

October2010002.jpg

Most everyone I've talked to has a story about frying their leg on a hot pipe, so feel free to add yours and pics if you want.

that sucks! guess i've been pretty luck. the only time i ride with full pants is when its cold otherwise i wear shorts and i've yet to burn myself. shoot, i used to ride in basketball shorts, jordans and a sleeveless shirt back in the day. i've tapped the pipe with my leg a couple of times but have never actually burned it. but i do have a story about a kid that came riding with us once. he wouldnt wear pants, even when everybody including myself suggested he should, but atleast we were able to convince him to change out of his sandles banghead . well, we were ridin in the dunes and some of them can sneak up on you pretty quick especially with the glare from the sun on the sand during summer. he ended up ridin off a 3 or 4 foot dune and landing hard, he lost his footing on the pegs and ended up with T5 burned to his leg. haha. not even joking it was so clear it looked like somebody branded T5 onto his leg. i wish i had a picture of that shit!

• 3 months later...

back when i was 12 my dad bought a tt-r 250 dirtbike and would take me and my brother out to this mx type track when no one was there, and would let me and my bro ride around. but since i was so little at the time somone would have to hold the bike up so i could get on and i would do circles around in the parking lot. Well i got bored of that and decided to do a lap aroudn the track, i made it about half way and got in some mud and tip it over and burnt the shit outta my knee and i still have a huge scar on my knee from it. and i couldnt lift the bike back up either so i had to sit there for about 10 min. till my dad came walking up to help lift the bike back up! after that i was done riding for the day :rotflmao:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...