+4 timeing advance question-help

bgmrc

hello all...new to ur forem...First post

anyway, was just reading the pinned info for the timeing advance and i would like to do this and rejet my carbs.

my Question is basic...what direction do i move it 4mm....clockwise or counter??

i have been working on jet skis and whatnot for years so im sorta comfortable with adjusting and modding...my ski is advanced 3mm which is alot for a 701 ski motor...i run standup skis

I have a 87 shee and i put procurcit pipes and FMF silencers on it....kinda stock besides that....

I have flatslide carbs...and dont know the size...can someone help me with that as its vary hard to start...especially when its cold out, so i would like to rebuild them...can someone post up a link for a rebuild kit possibly?

and any other advice or whatever would be a GREAT hepl!!

Thanx in advance all!!

Glad i found this site...already order some swag from the shirt/hat thread...

hello all...new to ur forem...First post

anyway, was just reading the pinned info for the timeing advance and i would like to do this and rejet my carbs.

my Question is basic...what direction do i move it 4mm....clockwise or counter??

i have been working on jet skis and whatnot for years so im sorta comfortable with adjusting and modding...my ski is advanced 3mm which is alot for a 701 ski motor...i run standup skis

I have a 87 shee and i put procurcit pipes and FMF silencers on it....kinda stock besides that....

I have flatslide carbs...and dont know the size...can someone help me with that as its vary hard to start...especially when its cold out, so i would like to rebuild them...can someone post up a link for a rebuild kit possibly?

and any other advice or whatever would be a GREAT hepl!!

Thanx in advance all!!

Glad i found this site...already order some swag from the shirt/hat thread...

the timing plate has timing marks on it, you just line the marks up with the split in the case...its pretty easy once you buy the plate and look at it.

So i need to be a timing plate then??

just trying to understand all thats needed and whatnot...

Thanx for the Reply...

i tried to edit for some spelling errors but was not able to...is what it is now!!!

Edited by bgmrc

X2, you can find adjustable timing plates all the time on the for sale forum for like $20. All of the degrees of advance are clearly marked. I was once told you can mod your own stocker, but for the price of a used one in good condition, I found it wasnt worth it.

Welcome to your new addiction.

u can also get a key that will advance it also,but id get a timing plate so when you upgrade you can change to what ever degree you need..here is one on ebay for 30 bucks shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Banshee-YFZ350-Adj-Timing-Plate-10-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c167d47f0QQitemZ120636393456QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories