Idle very high after carb and reed install

c1poweredeg

what s up hq...would anyone kno why my shees idle races after 28mm carbs and vforce 3 reeds are installed.my jets are 148 and 48. Gaskets werent used for the reeds,gasket sealer was used.when I put my hand over the carbs the idle the idle goes down a bit but still high,if I spray brKe cleaner it goes down on the idle. But as of right now im stumped.amy ideas hq?

what s up hq...would anyone kno why my shees idle races after 28mm carbs and vforce 3 reeds are installed.my jets are 148 and 48. Gaskets werent used for the reeds,gasket sealer was used.when I put my hand over the carbs the idle the idle goes down a bit but still high,if I spray brKe cleaner it goes down on the idle. But as of right now im stumped.amy ideas hq?

im having the exact same issues

Quick question. The little vent hole on the cylinder side of the carb on top, did you plug it or run a hose between the two carbs?

you mean the connecting hose that goes in the front on the top of the carb?

Yeah, it looks like a vent line but its on top in front of the slides.

yeah i put mine in but i didnt hose clamp the tube or the carbs and the reeds are tight but i had to cut the half moon lips off of my boot that goes to the reeds from the carb because it wont work with the lips on it. could this be a problem, i have 30mm oko carbs.

I would do a leak down test. I had a tiny little scratch on the cylinder intake surface that was leaking. If I wouldnt have done the leak down test I would have never known about the leak.

well i didnt have a problem with it like an hour before i was riding then my reeds came in and i put em in and then it started giving me problems

If you didnt have a problem before you put the new reeds in but do now, I would check for an air leak.

is there an easier/faster way to check for an air leak other than building the leak tester that i saw a link to on here?

is there an easier/faster way to check for an air leak other than building the leak tester that i saw a link to on here?

yes..take your reeds and intakes bac off and aply 1211 or 1194 or yamabond on the gaskets and reinstall and should seal it up...but if it was running good before you swapped reeds then thats were its leaking at so that should seal it up...

yes..take your reeds and intakes bac off and aply 1211 or 1194 or yamabond on the gaskets and reinstall and should seal it up...but if it was running good before you swapped reeds then thats were its leaking at so that should seal it up...

thats gonna be a PITA but if thats the problem, off they come again