CLUTCH DRAG

superswire

Ok, clutch works fine at all other times EXCEPT when the bike is off and you click it into gear it drags and if its running it kinda "clunks" into gear and harder to find neutral then it was...

I have tried adjusting the cable with zero results, also, there is some noise from the clutch side, more noticable with the cover plate and rubber off, but seems like the same faint noise ive heard out of every banshee ive seen, matter of fact its quieter than most other 2-smokes by far...

Any things to try would be greatly appreciated, but looks like I had better plan on some downtime...

Ok, clutch works fine at all other times EXCEPT when the bike is off and you click it into gear it drags and if its running it kinda "clunks" into gear and harder to find neutral then it was...

I have tried adjusting the cable with zero results, also, there is some noise from the clutch side, more noticable with the cover plate and rubber off, but seems like the same faint noise ive heard out of every banshee ive seen, matter of fact its quieter than most other 2-smokes by far...

Any things to try would be greatly appreciated, but looks like I had better plan on some downtime...

Everything you describe is common and no need for concern.

Everything you describe is common and no need for concern.

Thats what i hear as well swire... I dont have any clunking putting into first or anything.. But i do have problems finding nuetral.. just either goes into 2nd or back into 1st... but if i shut it out.. it goes right into nuetral.... I just shut her down in gear.. then find nuetral.. !!!

yah, that's just the nature of the beast. the clutch plates stick when you release them no matter what you do. it should clunk when you put it in gear, because that is when they release. if you were to pull the clutch put it in gear, and turn it off, it will roll easy until you let the clutch engage again. when you worry is when it lunges foreward, kills the engine, or just doesn't really disengage with the engine running. the shifting can be tightened up a bit with just routine mantenance, like the shift shaft bearings, keeping the lever snug on the splines, preventing varnish build-up, etc, but it never really gets 100%

yah, that's just the nature of the beast. the clutch plates stick when you release them no matter what you do. it should clunk when you put it in gear, because that is when they release. if you were to pull the clutch put it in gear, and turn it off, it will roll easy until you let the clutch engage again. when you worry is when it lunges foreward, kills the engine, or just doesn't really disengage with the engine running. the shifting can be tightened up a bit with just routine mantenance, like the shift shaft bearings, keeping the lever snug on the splines, preventing varnish build-up, etc, but it never really gets 100%

yeah man, thats what i thought, it honestly feels perfect to me, the new barnett, lever, bolt, springs, and cable made it super sweet compared to when i got it, it is actually really smooth and tight, i mean its not as smooth as a honda, but it just feels like a banshee tranny, neither here nor there really...but some knuckehead told me its shot. I put it on craigslist for 3k with all the spare parts and wont budge and people keep flagging it and offering me like 2 grand for it, hah...I'll keep the goddamn thing, my dogs cost more money than the banshee because they eat and have doctor bills...lol

:cheers: thanks guys for the feedback though, its just reassuring, i'm a pretty smart dude and i can usually diagnose anything wrong with a bike especially a 2-stroke and especially a banshee, that guy was just so adimate about that he knew for a fact it shouldnt do that made me second guess myself...guess his balls are square :rotflmao:

is it normal for the quad to be in gear. Cluch lever pulled it. and when i rev it, it kinda creeps forward.?

Evil... Ur cable adjustment is off a little bit.. it shuldnt creep forward, while ur in gear and rev it up.. If it stays that way you will be replacing clutches more often.. therre should be some play in ur clutch lever.. i beleive 1/4 of an inch play is what it supposed to be, unless you have a new cable! So just mess with the cable adjustments.. u shuld be able to find a spot where u rev it up in gear with the clutch in and not move anywheres!!!

is it normal for the quad to be in gear. Cluch lever pulled it. and when i rev it, it kinda creeps forward.?

Absolutely not, look at where your lever sits against your perch and adjust the barrel adjuster so that it has maybe an 1/8" of freeplay before it actually moves the clutch itself, if your adjustment is out all the way, its time for a new cable...

Absolutely not, look at where your lever sits against your perch and adjust the barrel adjuster so that it has maybe an 1/8" of freeplay before it actually moves the clutch itself, if your adjustment is out all the way, its time for a new cable...

well, you have to check the free-play on the lever at the case first, with the cabe slacked off, or disconnected. then you adjust the cable