Break in?

Gikki44

Alright, sounds good. Any recomendations for the break in. As far as the first start up and run?

Ive done both the "break in heat cycles" and the ride it like your gonna ride it break ins. With the heat cycles I could never get the rings to set and the compression was always low. Ive done that method twice and both times didnt work. The other times, I let it warm up and ride the damn thing like Im gonna ride it aka HARD. Never have had any problems wit the ride it like u stole it method. But u do what makes u feel the best. I mix my fuel at 36:1, but stick with a 32:1 and u wont have any problems. Its all up to you how you break in ur engine.

you are going to need to re-torque the head after a few heat cycles, but the worst thing you can do is baby it and over-oil it. free-running just dulls the rings, because there is very little pressure behind the rings to make them cut.

All sounds good. Yea i've been building cars, mostly imports with forced induction, for a pretty long time. There's always the arguement of the break in! More likely than not depending on the build i'll always give it some good juice on the first run. I think it helps to seat the rings much better. Always thought the same thing, if youre gonna treat it like a baby its gonna drive like a baby. Thanks for all the info guys. Cant wait to get all the parts and get rippin again!!