04 ford superduty wheel

Phelps

idk if anyone has ever had this issue and i hope they never do, but i was doing some maintenance for the ls trip and spotted something..... the front right rim has a big split in it and looked to only be a matter of time before it blew out causing no telling what.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr287/sfarmy86/wheel.jpg

idk if anyone has ever had this issue and i hope they never do, but i was doing some maintenance for the ls trip and spotted something..... the front right rim has a big split in it and looked to only be a matter of time before it blew out causing no telling what.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr287/sfarmy86/wheel.jpg

weld it up

to the weld it up comment....... NO my co workers and boss said the same thing and i will tell you the same. for 100 buck for a new one through LKQ you can kiss my ass. my family and i depend on a safe ride. yes we have the tig and yes my boss is a good tig welder, but no...

the valve core was pulled immediately and the tire was removed so that there would be no chance it would make it on a truck. i was told it was from a tire tech (fancy word for young punk ass kid at a tire shop) seated the bead without using soapy water and way to much air pressure. the tires were installed right before i got the truck...maybe 100 miles before. i noticed what looked like a strip of tar on my wheel when i got it, but turns out i may need glasses...

to the weld it up comment....... NO my co workers and boss said the same thing and i will tell you the same. for 100 buck for a new one through LKQ you can kiss my ass. my family and i depend on a safe ride. yes we have the tig and yes my boss is a good tig welder, but no...

the valve core was pulled immediately and the tire was removed so that there would be no chance it would make it on a truck. i was told it was from a tire tech (fancy word for young punk ass kid at a tire shop) seated the bead without using soapy water and way to much air pressure. the tires were installed right before i got the truck...maybe 100 miles before. i noticed what looked like a strip of tar on my wheel when i got it, but turns out i may need glasses...

Safety is #1 :headbang: