banshee gettin whiped

ralphn3

same thing here.......x3 on traction.... he'd be right next to me every time , while i was spinnin and floatin. worked really hard at hookin last time, and, even spinning through 4th, i left him 100' back before hitting 5th.....oh, and my chain waqs even all kinked and cewed up with a failed amp link roller and melting lower roller. when i stopped, i just couldn't find where the burning was coming from untill later, lol.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay ill put a stock one on and try to find some smaller carbs the bike runs and sounds nasty it will pull the front in third on pavement i wa reading some post and i was wondering should i get my motor ported or save more and get a 4 mil crank

First off....make ONE change at a time. The worst thing you could do would be to make all the changes you mentioned and find out you are no better off. You wouldn't be able to tell if you still have the problem from before or if one of the changes you made was now causing the problem.

It does sound like a traction problem so concentrate on that first. You may find the bike is plenty quick foir what you are doing once you get it to hook up. Then you can concentrate on RIDING for a while and carefully plan out your mods for the future based on improving a properly running/riding machine.

Try racing him on pavement. You mentioned the front wheels coming up in 3rd on pavement. So its obvious you will have traction there. If you stomp him then you know its traction. (i'm pretty sure thats part of it). Also dont over inflate your tires. hard tires will not have any traction at all. Im not sure on P.S.I. but they should be a little soft.If you lose on pavement with your current setup I would look other places like those huge carbs. Bigger carbs are not better unless the motor can use the air and fuel and I know a stock cylinder cannot burn all that fuel. I'm not sure how lean you can go with those carbs but some smaller main jets may help. But be careful to check your plugs if you go that route. going too lean will smoke the motor. I'm not sure if that is possible with those carbs. Good luck. Also rather then spending a bunch of money to basically go back to a stock bike send the cylinder off and have it ported. Most of the parts you have will then work great together.

Try racing him on pavement. You mentioned the front wheels coming up in 3rd on pavement. So its obvious you will have traction there. If you stomp him then you know its traction. (i'm pretty sure thats part of it). Also dont over inflate your tires. hard tires will not have any traction at all. Im not sure on P.S.I. but they should be a little soft.If you lose on pavement with your current setup I would look other places like those huge carbs. Bigger carbs are not better unless the motor can use the air and fuel and I know a stock cylinder cannot burn all that fuel. I'm not sure how lean you can go with those carbs but some smaller main jets may help. But be careful to check your plugs if you go that route. going too lean will smoke the motor. I'm not sure if that is possible with those carbs. Good luck. Also rather then spending a bunch of money to basically go back to a stock bike send the cylinder off and have it ported. Most of the parts you have will then work great together.

One other note. You will get more power out of a ported cylinder then you will with a 4 mil crank with stock cylinders. I've seen some fast banshee with stock cranks and drag ported cylinders. Obviously a stroker with drag ported cylinders or aftermarket cylinders will be faster but money becomes an issue for some.

Get porting...

Trust me when I saw its a traction issue.. I've had the exact same experience! my cousin was all sorts of pissed off when I was spankin his shee with my 450.. He had the exact same setup as you almost (his was ported). Lim had some good suggestions also. He'd spin the holeshots... but.. put his paddles on and he'd get me every run.

thats whats up do you no what type of porting i should get i ride alot of trails but love lining up with somebody alot

One other note. You will get more power out of a ported cylinder then you will with a 4 mil crank with stock cylinders. I've seen some fast banshee with stock cranks and drag ported cylinders. Obviously a stroker with drag ported cylinders or aftermarket cylinders will be faster but money becomes an issue for some.

the guy with the 400 is coming by today just told him to run me on the road he laughed hope i can shove that giggle down his throat lol

the guy with the 400 is coming by today just told him to run me on the road he laughed hope i can shove that giggle down his throat lol

If he's a friend of yours, and it's all in fun, then that's cool. I would look at it as less of a pride thing and more of a test and tune oppurtunity. You already know he walks away from you in the dirt, so if you whoop him good on pavement you know it's a traction problem. If he still pulls away from you on pavement then its a tuning issue. Either way it can save you a ton of time and money repairing/tuning/modifying something that is not causing you problems.

In other words you have a "constant" that will allow you to compare your progress to. That's not always easy to find......take advantage of it!!!

i remember beating 400ex's........

.....on a blaster.

on another note what is with the trend of puting stupidly long swingarms on stockish banshee? regear that bitch too. a 13t sprocket is worthless.

i remember beating 400ex's........

.....on a blaster.

on another note what is with the trend of puting stupidly long swingarms on stockish banshee? regear that bitch too. a 13t sprocket is worthless.

i think its for the looks of it they look sick streched now im about winning not lookin what sproket do you suggest

If he's a friend of yours, and it's all in fun, then that's cool. I would look at it as less of a pride thing and more of a test and tune oppurtunity. You already know he walks away from you in the dirt, so if you whoop him good on pavement you know it's a traction problem. If he still pulls away from you on pavement then its a tuning issue. Either way it can save you a ton of time and money repairing/tuning/modifying something that is not causing you problems.

In other words you have a "constant" that will allow you to compare your progress to. That's not always easy to find......take advantage of it!!!

he is on the way he said he would stick around and let me change swingarms while he is here joking

he is on the way he said he would stick around and let me change swingarms while he is here joking

we raced down the road three times beat him so bad he would never finish the run without quitin thanks for all the help im going to take this +6 swinger off and put the stock one on so even on the dirt he wont stand a chance

Your gearing is a bit high with a 13/42 unless your tires are bigger then 20inches. I would go to a 14t on the front or maybe drop 2 teeth on the back to a 13/40. That should help a little with excessive tire spinning and also give you a little more top speed. A +6 swinger is way too much for a trail shee stock or +2 but I guess you know that now. GO KICK SOME 4STROKE ASS!!