looking into big bore kit options.?/

cable

i just picked up a new banshee.. 02 completly stocked out. i have the vitos bastard pipes to put on it but i was looking into big bore kits around 400 cc who has the best kit for the money? i will be doing alot of ice oval racing and some normal play riding with this one. so i need a reliable kit any ideas guys?? thanks.

i just picked up a new banshee.. 02 completly stocked out. i have the vitos bastard pipes to put on it but i was looking into big bore kits around 400 cc who has the best kit for the money? i will be doing alot of ice oval racing and some normal play riding with this one. so i need a reliable kit any ideas guys?? thanks.

Athena has a 392cc big bore kit.. members on here dont think to highly of them. You might want to step it up a little more and get a 421 cub.. little over 1000bucks.. right set up will let out some nice power!!!

You have quite a few options actually. Vitos has there new phantom kits available and are really affordable. CPI has the new Serval cat cylinder thats available now to. Then you have your standard 4mill cub or a twister small block. You can also just add a 4 mill crank and have your cylinders ported for a 4mill and have a good power plant. Thats what I did with my latest build. Im building a cub motor and a stock stroke motor with the Vitos superstock pistons right now. Theres really alot you can do and really depends on your budget and what type of riding your going to do the most of. Have your motor built for you and to your liking. Shoot me a pm if you need any more help or info.

what kind of power gains do you get out of a big bore compared to other mods like a 4 mill stroke? i dont want to steal this thread but it just got me wondering

Everyone has a different opnion. Srokers are good for making torque. Big bore makes better top end power. it really all depends.. Their both good!

well guys thanks for helpin so far.. i got around 900 to a grand to spend on this one.. i was lookin for stock crank and a decent bolt on top end kit so any suggestions on those circumstances??? thanks guys.

Hit up a site sponsor like Wildcard Racing. I just rode two of his 4 mil's last weekend and they rip hard. You won't be disappointed :cheers:

well guys thanks for helpin so far.. i got around 900 to a grand to spend on this one.. i was lookin for stock crank and a decent bolt on top end kit so any suggestions on those circumstances??? thanks guys.

I wouldnt use a Stock Yamaha Crank with a big bore... Hot rods makes a very strong and durable crank thats stock length.

With that kind of budget aftermarket cylinders are out of the question.

Keep the stock crank, just have the bearings checked, get it trued and welded. Stock cranks are damn tough IF they are taken care of right.

A good dune port job will set you back 300 to 500 and a set of pistons, gaskets, fluids, etc., will run you another 250ish or so.

The rest I'd spend on a new aftermarket clutch.