Need jetting help

tmecars

Hey everyone

I've rencently upgraded the exhaust on my '01. After removing/disconnecting the TORS (Thanks BHQ!) the bike starts easy, idles well but has NO powerband. It burbles, smokes ALOT, and doesnt want to get out of it's own way. The plugs looks black and wet so I assume this is a rich condition. Here are my specs:

1) What type of aftermarket exhaust do you have? Paul Turner Mids

2) What type of airfilter do you have? k&N

3) running a stock airbox with lid

4) What is your elevation? 450feet (Dallas)

5) What size pilot jets are you using? stock

6) What size main jets are you using? 280

7) What temperature is your Banshee jetted for? 40-105

8) Do you have a port job? no

9) What kind of carbs? stock (TORS eliminated)

10) What size carbs? stock

11) YAMAHA premix at 24:1 per the manual

Is there a "jet kit" available with various sizes of needles/jets or do I have to buy them all piece by piece? I have

no idea what sizes I would even need to ask for.

Thanks in advance!

I bet if you pull the plugs they are all dark and wet. With the lid on and your running 280mains. You re rich. This is were you need to decide if you want to run the lid or not. Or you can do both. If you want to do both then I would look at one of the dealers on here and get some jets from them. Ranging from 240-310 That will set you up for almost for live. And If your going to run without the lid then get some 27.5 pilots. But as it sits now. I would try 250 mains for a starting point.

Hey everyone

I've rencently upgraded the exhaust on my '01. After removing/disconnecting the TORS (Thanks BHQ!) the bike starts easy, idles well but has NO powerband. It burbles, smokes ALOT, and doesnt want to get out of it's own way. The plugs looks black and wet so I assume this is a rich condition. Here are my specs:

1) What type of aftermarket exhaust do you have? Paul Turner Mids

2) What type of airfilter do you have? k&N

3) running a stock airbox with lid

4) What is your elevation? 450feet (Dallas)

5) What size pilot jets are you using? stock

6) What size main jets are you using? 280

7) What temperature is your Banshee jetted for? 40-105

8) Do you have a port job? no

9) What kind of carbs? stock (TORS eliminated)

10) What size carbs? stock

11) YAMAHA premix at 24:1 per the manual

Is there a "jet kit" available with various sizes of needles/jets or do I have to buy them all piece by piece? I have

no idea what sizes I would even need to ask for.

Thanks in advance!

Do you still have the rubber boot attached to the airbox lid? if you do chuck it . Try 260 mains and do a plug chop on that it should be ok on those settings, if however it isn't have a look at your carby slides and check that the cuttaways at the bottom of the slides are facing to the rear of the carbs you can also check this by the sight glass in the side of both carbs you should be able to see the recessed hole in the slide when you open the throttle fully. If you cant see the holes through the sight glass or the cuttaways when looking into the rear of both carbys then its safe to say the slides are in the wrong carbys IE: left in right and right in left , this also will cause a rich condition as well. Hope this gives you something to go on and once you've got this problem whipped you might want to consider 27.5 pilots and changing your oil fuel mix. :)