Banshee Headlights

SandShots

im just saying for the same money i can get lights that output 3000 lumens. its an option that i'm leaning towards. i think it would be best for trail lighting as you can see a wider path. the leds are probably great for the dunes but i want something in a large flood light + spot lighting so when i'm running an open field in 6th gear a woodchuck mound doesn't sneak up on me and send me end over end....

im just saying for the same money i can get lights that output 3000 lumens. its an option that i'm leaning towards. i think it would be best for trail lighting as you can see a wider path. the leds are probably great for the dunes but i want something in a large flood light + spot lighting so when i'm running an open field in 6th gear a woodchuck mound doesn't sneak up on me and send me end over end....

what lights is that?

what lights is that?

google banshee hid light kit and you get several options. i found this website and called and talked to one of the techs at the company. seemed like nice people even when i said i was still researching it. helped me out as best as he could. price is pretty low at $150 for the kit. heres the below.

http://www.motorcyclehidlights.com/yamaha-banshee-yzf-350-lights-c-93_793/digital-hid-kit-slim-ballasts-p-209

3000 lumen power with the 3000-6000k temp(i dont like the bright blue color) says it pull 35 watts power and input voltage is 9v-16v. the only thing i want to clear up is if i need a battery. the tech said that he wasn't too sure on that but i wonder since there is a capacitor already wired into each ballast. i would thin k that if you revved it up and then hit the lights on that there would be enough voltage to keep the capacitors up when the first strong draw came one....?

google banshee hid light kit and you get several options. i found this website and called and talked to one of the techs at the company. seemed like nice people even when i said i was still researching it. helped me out as best as he could. price is pretty low at $150 for the kit. heres the below.

http://www.motorcyclehidlights.com/yamaha-banshee-yzf-350-lights-c-93_793/digital-hid-kit-slim-ballasts-p-209

3000 lumen power with the 3000-6000k temp(i dont like the bright blue color) says it pull 35 watts power and input voltage is 9v-16v. the only thing i want to clear up is if i need a battery. the tech said that he wasn't too sure on that but i wonder since there is a capacitor already wired into each ballast. i would thin k that if you revved it up and then hit the lights on that there would be enough voltage to keep the capacitors up when the first strong draw came one....?

thats some good stuff. my buddy got something like that for his honda its its brightasfuck. im gonna try to call these guys tomorrow.

is this kit made for the stock headlamps?

thats some good stuff. my buddy got something like that for his honda its its brightasfuck. im gonna try to call these guys tomorrow.

is this kit made for the stock headlamps?

as far as i could tell it is and that the only time it wasn't plug and play was when you had to hard wire the headlight wires to the wires running into the ballast. easy stuff with some butt connectors, dielectric grease, and heatshrink tubing.

Ask them to confirm that the ballasts can run on ac as well as dc voltage though. want to see if they tell you the same thing. And another thing is see if the capacitor is in place to act as a battery. those are my two questions i was left with.

okay i got new information on this whole dc ac thing and im pretty confident in my info. talked to a tech at trail tech after i found a pdf file showing how to "float a ground" on the stock banshee stator. i know that i have to be very careful to solder correctly and keep things out of the way but it gives me a floating ground to hook directly to the negative side of the battery. then i can run 12v dc power from the battery into the lighting system. as simple as that.

he said i might have to run a second switch to be able to power down one hid light to allow the battery to charge as i will only get about 40watt dc power from this conversion. but for as much night riding as i think ill be doing i think ill be alright.

i can pm you the pdf if you want it.

okay i got new information on this whole dc ac thing and im pretty confident in my info. talked to a tech at trail tech after i found a pdf file showing how to "float a ground" on the stock banshee stator. i know that i have to be very careful to solder correctly and keep things out of the way but it gives me a floating ground to hook directly to the negative side of the battery. then i can run 12v dc power from the battery into the lighting system. as simple as that.

he said i might have to run a second switch to be able to power down one hid light to allow the battery to charge as i will only get about 40watt dc power from this conversion. but for as much night riding as i think ill be doing i think ill be alright.

i can pm you the pdf if you want it.

If you dont use trail techs reg/rec (hi efficiency units available for snowmobile applications other places) and you use a 10ah battery it will run a 100w DC fine for hours.

Im not a big fan of hid retro-fit kits, its not worth it for having to mount everything and dealing with water intrusion on everything. The self contained hid's are a better idea, but you pay the price for them.

What other options are there besides retro fit

And the link above does come with everything but not a battery. I always read you need a battery for HIDs. If that still holds true then that kit should mention you need a battery. If it does, then My mistake.

What other options are there besides retro fit

And the link above does come with everything but not a battery. I always read you need a battery for HIDs. If that still holds true then that kit should mention you need a battery. If it does, then My mistake.

Well trail tech makes the MR11 and the MR16 hid lights. Its an all in one housing with only 2 wires going into the light (12v+ and ground), and it can be mounted various ways. Vision X also makes HID lights in an all inclusive housing in several different sizes that can be mounted several different ways. Any Hid system on a two stroke ATV will have to run a battery to handle the 10-15amp startup that the hid lights will need before they stabilize out and run at nominal amperage.

• 11 months later...

stock is 12v ac. doing a bulb conversion with a ballast is too bulky to be worth it for hid's.

The Solstice LED light puts out 900 lumens, and the spots project just as far as an equivelant outpu HID light does.

Hey guys, new to forum so please forgive me if I ask redundant questions. I'm wanting to upgrade my lighting as well on my 06. The leds you mention, are they a direct bolt on with no mods?

Thanks!

Wheat

If you dont use trail techs reg/rec (hi efficiency units available for snowmobile applications other places) and you use a 10ah battery it will run a 100w DC fine for hours.

Im not a big fan of hid retro-fit kits, its not worth it for having to mount everything and dealing with water intrusion on everything. The self contained hid's are a better idea, but you pay the price for them.

Hey Snop, where can I find snowmobile reg/rec? My friend would like me to convert his Shee so I need another one.

Also I've noticed you make some sick battery trays, do you sell them?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Snop, where can I find snowmobile reg/rec? My friend would like me to convert his Shee so I need another one.

Also I've noticed you make some sick battery trays, do you sell them?

Lately I have used the Trail Tech Reg/Rec on conversions. I do make and sell the battery trays with coolant bottle brackets on them as well.