Fresh BUILD! Won't Start!

What about the needle jet? The 1 that is under the main jet in carb body. Not

The 1 with the clip. Doesn't it have a bunch of holes in it that allow fuel to flow through and is it pressed in?

the pilot jet is what you are talking about, I think and it does thread out.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, you remove the main jet and washer, then install just the main jet and push it through firmly. it has an o-ring, and can get a little stuck with corrosion, so some are hard to remove, and some are easy, and if you forget the washer, it can come out and run funny. the stock carbs use an emulsion tube, like an automotive carb, in place of the needle jet. that, also could be a problem. and, the choke tube is a peice of vacuum hose that connects the 2 carbs together. if you took them off, then you messed with it.

O.K. so I continue to work on this. I put clear blue hose on and a fuel filter running from petcock to carbs. Is there any certain way the T fitting needs to go that the fuel lines attach to. It kind of looks like gas is coming out of petcock then through filter and then not really flowing through the T. I have blown it out and everything and there is no restriction. I look at the fuel lines goint to inlet of carbs and on left carb there is a little bit of gas sitting right at the inlet and then empty running to T and on the oppositte side I see nothing but air in line. Like it's vapor locked or something? HELP!!! The way I have it is off petcock through filter into single part of T then left and right to carbs.

FINALLY got it to run. I have to spray starter fluid in K@N filters to get it to start after cold. I have already gone through carbs several times. Someone mentioned CDI or coil for hard starts?

I would clean the tank and petcock real good and get rid of the fuel filter,because if the fuel filter gets pluged up,it will run your carbs dry and take the chance of burning engine up,I would rather a jet get cogged and still get fuel,rather than the carb get no fuel and run dry,IMO

I feel that carbs and jets are clean. Could it be a CDI or coil

That is affecting initial startup?

I have a friend that had to start his everytime by push starting it,the engine wouldn't start by kick starting it,A new CDI fixed the problem,he even replaced the stator and didn't fix the problem,so he bought the new CDI and starts on one kick,so that could be your issue,I don't know how to test one but maybe someone on here does,hope this helps,his banshee was a 1988 model