cant shift, loosing oil

coreyownz

changed the oil yesterday in my banshee cause itd had some use. so change it checked it all was good. went to go riding today and i can go 1st second than to try and get into third is impossible i have to pull the shifter up like 2inches farther than normal and when i checked my oil it was empty. theirs no leaks that i can see could this be the crank seal? thanks

What kind of oil did you use?? Maby try putting in some thicker oil like 80-90w gear oil.

Yea 80w-90 is not a good idea. It is a hypoid gear oil made for differentials. Most of them contian really high amounts (more than standard automotive engine oil) of Molybdenum wich will cause a wet clutch to slip. Once the clutch is contaminated you have to thow it away.

im more worried about the not shifting

Yea, but if you use the 90 weight you will be worried about the not shifting AND the slipping clutch. I would pop the clutch cover off and look at the shift mechanism to see if anything is loose or has come off. Also, check the adjustment of the shift shaft eccentric, and make sure the hooks on the shift shaft aren't sloppy, they should be centered over the pins on the shift star.