My new Ruby

Toomey Banshee

• 2 weeks later...

The largest motor they put in is a V-6 with 202 horses. Not a fast vehicle, but its a bull down low.

NOT!..I see that this is your first jeep,so I will cut you some slack.I have an 07 4dr with the same 3.8 v6.Its the engine out of the Chrysler minivan and its a PIG.If you ever have the opportunity to drive a older 4.0 I6 then you will know what Im talking about.JEEP really dropped the ball on the engine.

Just wait until you throw some taller ,heavier tires on there.I put 35's on mine and I have a 6 speed.It feels like Im pulling a trailer compared to stock setup.I had to put a full exhaust, air intake and computer programmer to just get it back to how it pulled when it was stock.

The only time it really feels fast is when You remove the doors and top,after it drops a few hundred pounds it really pulls like the old 4.0L.

NOT!..I see that this is your first jeep,so I will cut you some slack.I have an 07 4dr with the same 3.8 v6.Its the engine out of the Chrysler minivan and its a PIG.If you ever have the opportunity to drive a older 4.0 I6 then you will know what Im talking about.JEEP really dropped the ball on the engine.

Just wait until you throw some taller ,heavier tires on there.I put 35's on mine and I have a 6 speed.It feels like Im pulling a trailer compared to stock setup.I had to put a full exhaust, air intake and computer programmer to just get it back to how it pulled when it was stock.

The only time it really feels fast is when You remove the doors and top,after it drops a few hundred pounds it really pulls like the old 4.0L.

I kinda wanted to wait to see if they were gonna put the Dodge Nitro motor (260 hp) in the new 2011 Jeep. I see they're not. Oh well. Its the wifes anyway, I'm still running around in my 98 Dodge. She went from an 01 Durango to the Jeep, huge power difference. But she likes it, so you know what they say, If Mommas happy, everyones happy.

I've been itching to get a Jeep myself lately, probably wind up with an older one though when I sell my Mustang. A couple of the guys I work with just got jeeps. Congrats on the new one, it looks good, really like the Rubicons. good luck with it. There is a Jeep Jamboree in Wharton State Forest this Fall I think too.