how many people have used octane booster?

do you ever stop and read what you type before you post? or consider factual basis for anything?

lol, no i just pund the keyboard and my alter ego might get a few words in edgewise.......why? what does it say? lies? you ever see what they make the octane boosters out of? the best you are going to get out of a can of octane booster is if they made it out of almost pure 118oct. base or similar. the main focus they are basing the advertised octane from is simple chemicals like toluene, xylene, i think napthane, etc...basically dry aromatics that resist combustion a little. what you really want is a better base fuel that will actually produce more energy from burning, but take a bit more ignition to do so. that's not gonna come from a booster. if you understand what i mean, there really is a difference. oh, and i can see that the alchohol comment looks like i'm saying you should be running heat to keep your gas good, but what i mean, is it wirks when you do get some water, or deteriorating gas in there and it starts to run like crap.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I just decided to start reading this post and I can't believe no one has mentioned TEL.

Tetra-ethyl lead is what was in most octane boosters back in the days and worked damn good until the FTC found out if you get it on your skin it will give you instant lead poisoning. As recent as 3 or 4 years ago there was still a brand of octane boost (can’t remember the brand) that still used TEL. Do a Google search maybe some better brands still use it. I know Shell, Sunoco, VP use it because it is the only way racing fuel is made, Unless of cores it’s unleaded race fuel.

Here’s a question for you, Can you get E85 in your area? It’s about $2.20 a gallon in Columbus and it is 100 octane. of cores you will need to set your carbs up like alky carbs and you will get half the fuel mileage but did I mention $2,20 an gallon 100 octane? I’ve experimented with a 20% mix of E85 and 93 pump gas with great results you just have to go up 2-4 jet sizes with a 20% mix and be sure you are using Klots STP or beanol or an oil that will blend with ethanol.

Edited by TIM LUTZ

see now in my opinion if regular octane boosters only boost 1 point per bottle per 15 gallons, the banshee tank holds about 4 gallons so that would boost the octane about three points. if you added about two or three bottle of octane in a premium unleaded or even plain unleaded it would boost the octane by at least one. i still think it would cost about the same if not more than running premium or higher. but i think it would still be cheaper than race gas if you had to run that

see now in my opinion if regular octane boosters only boost 1 point per bottle per 15 gallons, the banshee tank holds about 4 gallons so that would boost the octane about three points. if you added about two or three bottle of octane in a premium unleaded or even plain unleaded it would boost the octane by at least one. i still think it would cost about the same if not more than running premium or higher. but i think it would still be cheaper than race gas if you had to run that

the problem is the fillers, etc, which make it run hot. if 1 bottle in a 18-25 gallon tank makes your engine just run hot and gain maybe 1 point. then imagine what will happen with that high of concentration. you are better off, just adding a little avegas, or race fuel. fraction of the cost, and you can even just put it in a little bottle to add later, lol.just put some oil in it.

i kinda figured that running that much concentrated booster wouldnt be good. but i was meaning if you were going to use it instead of race fuel that that would be the only sensible option with octane booster. but ya you are right. the bike would just run extremely hot

never liked octane boosters, they are more of a band aid solution if you can even call it a solution.

can you get avgas at all ?

I agree. Go to your local Air port, they usually will sell avegas. Its better and cheaper then Race Gas. Its good for about 190 PSI.

Ave gas is made for elevations n planes Ave has in bikes is the worst thing you can do.I kno tons of people who run it hell we get it for free from a buddy that works at air port I dnt run it . Great way to blow your motor. High compression equals high octane. VP is the only way to go. Everyone one I know that runs the aviation fuel we get has no need for it stock bikes and actually makes u slower. Octane booste is garbage pull ur plugs after running it crimson red . 108 octane booste both times was used blew two motors up there's something in that one that destroys shit.

N son what do you need a 4mill for to brag say u have a 4mil I've seen grandriver racing guys beat up on them back in the day the worlds 350 banshee. ITs not the bike motor or stroke kid. ITS the Set of balls riding it . Let's see some pics of what that bike can do.

I agree. Go to your local Air port, they usually will sell avegas. Its better and cheaper then Race Gas. Its good for about 190 PSI.

Ave gas is made for elevations n planes Ave has in bikes is the worst thing you can do.I kno tons of people who run it hell we get it for free from a buddy that works at air port I dnt run it . Great way to blow your motor. High compression equals high octane. VP is the only way to go. Everyone one I know that runs the aviation fuel we get has no need for it stock bikes and actually makes u slower. Octane booste is garbage pull ur plugs after running it crimson red . 108 octane booste both times was used blew two motors up there's something in that one that destroys shit.

N son what do you need a 4mill for to brag say u have a 4mil I've seen grandriver racing guys beat up on them back in the day the worlds 350 banshee. ITs not the bike motor or stroke kid. ITS the Set of balls riding it . Let's see some pics of what that bike can do.

um, that post was all over the place confusing........i think you just racked up about 20,000 airline miles. anyway, i think you are trying to say that avgas is junk. well, no. it is actually really nice to run when you are set up to need the octane. it burns real well at sea level, but even better at higher elevations. ideal for multi-elevation rides, like in the mountains. i'm speaking about 100ll. well, blah, blah blah..bed time

Nothing wrong with running aviation fuel in a Banshee at all if you have the compression to justify it. The 100LL (low lead thanks of course to the EPA) Is meant for turbo charged piston aircraft that need boost to fly at higher altitude but works fine in carbureted engines also. The purple 115 if you can find it is only used anymore in old restored war birds that run turbo charged V12 or supercharged 9,18 & 28 cylinder radial engines,

AV fuel is made to a much higher standard and you will never get better filtered, dryer fuel than at an airport.