What's the best Adhesion Promoter

TIM LUTZ

What are the shops using? Not the spray can stuff. Doing my painting with an HVLP, Going black over black plastics so I've got that going for me but I do have some deep scratches to fill and that is my next question, What's a good hi build sandable black primer that works well with the promoter if I need to do major sanding before top coating?

Thanks

for primer I like to use a good epoxy primer for high build 2K works but most of the time you have to use alot of reducer ore use a gun with a big needle like 1.9 or above. I have used glazing putty in the past for deep scratches and haven't seen any problems yet just make sure its really clean

• 1 month later...

In the upholstery world the most used product is called Sandfree. You can get it in liquid or aerosol cans. We use it to dye bumpers, dashes and pretty much anything else plastic.

Edited by sandtazam

for primer I like to use a good epoxy primer for high build 2K works but most of the time you have to use alot of reducer ore use a gun with a big needle like 1.9 or above. I have used glazing putty in the past for deep scratches and haven't seen any problems yet just make sure its really clean

x2 and Ive never had a prob with Dupont, ever...