NEW BANSHEE OWNER!

hows it going everyone? let me introduce myself, my name is mitch, i just turned 18 july 2nd. i have been riding quads since i can hardly remember. i bought an 08 kfx450r 2 septembers ago and i love it! i am currently practicing with it, and trying to get good enough to join a circuit next year and race in ameture, or novice class. i know im already good enough im just trying to dial my skills in. now where the fun starts

i am a new banshee owner! i pick up my '93 banshee in 2 weeks! i stole this thing. its got a new durablue axle, full fmf, and new k&n. (not sure what else it has)

i was looking for something to rebuild over the winter, either a 250r, quadzilla, or something like that. then me and my dad were talking about his old banshee he had, about how he told me if i could kick it over i could ride it. man i remember i kicked that thing over my hardest, and it shot back up and smashed me in my shin! i was probably 8 then lol

anyways i thought it would be cool to build a banshee instead! there easier to find and a little bit cheaper than a r. so i told my moms boyfriend to keep his eye open for me. turns out his friend is selling his! i asked how much and when he told me i didnt care what it looked like or anything. i cant find one anywhere under $1000.

he told me he would sell it for $600 since it has been sitting in his garage for so long. i am so excited for my rebuild!!!!

now here is where the questions come. i was wondering why you dont see anyone racing mx with these!? i mean come on! they have to be good on the track!? i think i am going to set mine up for flat track. but i may keep the stock suspension on for a bit and play for a bit.

i kinda figure that a majority of you guys have rebuilt yours, so if you dont mind me asking what would be a rough estimate of a rebuild?

welcome to the site. Congrats on the new project BTW. There are people racing these thing out on the track, but you have to know how to build the motor for the mx track, maybe a mx port job with some Paul Turner pipes and some other things will help it go on the mx track and win some races with it. Now builds on these things can get very expensive, as these things are money pits. But it depends what your going to rebuild on it. And if your going to go all aftermarket, its going to be quite costy, but if you use some stock parts here and there, and some aftermarket, then it wont be as expensive. But please, post some pictures of it, so we can all see the bike please. Once again welcome to the site and enjoy

welcome to the site. Congrats on the new project BTW. There are people racing these thing out on the track, but you have to know how to build the motor for the mx track, maybe a mx port job with some Paul Turner pipes and some other things will help it go on the mx track and win some races with it. Now builds on these things can get very expensive, as these things are money pits. But it depends what your going to rebuild on it. And if your going to go all aftermarket, its going to be quite costy, but if you use some stock parts here and there, and some aftermarket, then it wont be as expensive. But please, post some pictures of it, so we can all see the bike please. Once again welcome to the site and enjoy

welcome to the site...as said before rebuilds vary soooo much depends on what you want to do......find the track forum...and ask the guys what set ups they like best....for MX the key is in the suspension....that gets expensive real quick

Welcome to the one and only BHQ. Well let me start by saying that I got my 2003 shee when it was 1.5 years old pretty much for free all I did was put siding on a buddies house he supplied everything and I supplied labor. And now I wouldn't admit how much I got tied up in this fucking thing at least with my wife in the room. The rebuild will be a never ending thing that is going to take every extra penny that you make. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but its the honest truth. Now with all that being said I dont regret a damn thing and I'm still not finished and I probably never will be. But on a more serious note as said before it really depends on how far your wanting to go. If you take your time and shop wisely and maybe buy used instead of new on items where there's not to much of a difference you could save hundreds. Good luck with the rebuild and post up some pics.

hows it going everyone? let me introduce myself, my name is mitch, i just turned 18 july 2nd. i have been riding quads since i can hardly remember. i bought an 08 kfx450r 2 septembers ago and i love it! i am currently practicing with it, and trying to get good enough to join a circuit next year and race in ameture, or novice class. i know im already good enough im just trying to dial my skills in. now where the fun starts

i am a new banshee owner! i pick up my '93 banshee in 2 weeks! i stole this thing. its got a new durablue axle, full fmf, and new k&n. (not sure what else it has)

i was looking for something to rebuild over the winter, either a 250r, quadzilla, or something like that. then me and my dad were talking about his old banshee he had, about how he told me if i could kick it over i could ride it. man i remember i kicked that thing over my hardest, and it shot back up and smashed me in my shin! i was probably 8 then lol

anyways i thought it would be cool to build a banshee instead! there easier to find and a little bit cheaper than a r. so i told my moms boyfriend to keep his eye open for me. turns out his friend is selling his! i asked how much and when he told me i didnt care what it looked like or anything. i cant find one anywhere under $1000.

he told me he would sell it for $600 since it has been sitting in his garage for so long. i am so excited for my rebuild!!!!

now here is where the questions come. i was wondering why you dont see anyone racing mx with these!? i mean come on! they have to be good on the track!? i think i am going to set mine up for flat track. but i may keep the stock suspension on for a bit and play for a bit.

i kinda figure that a majority of you guys have rebuilt yours, so if you dont mind me asking what would be a rough estimate of a rebuild?

thanks a lot for the welcome! yes i know this thing will be a money pit. as my kfx already is! spendind 300 a week on parts, and racing gets a bit expensive! but im not one of them spoild kids that doesnt know the value of a dollar. i payed for both of my quads by working, and i pay for all of my own parts and racing! i work full time, and am gunna start college this spring.

im mad excited to be a part of the forum! thanks again!