need some input on my carb sync

when i sync at idel both readings are the same 2.5 on the sync tool its a vacium gauge but when i open the thotle a bit the left carb reads 6 and the right carb reads 3 do i have a air leak after my carbs or is it something els? help

Now you need to sync the throttle cable so they read the same. That way you know the sides are opening the same amount. I take the cover off the thumb throttle. Then prop something in there to hold open a little. That way I keep the throttle the same while adjusting the carb tops.

You want to test at two points like you are doing. The carbs are the same at idle so your idle setting is good. When you test at about quarter throttle if you get to different readings you want to adjust the lower number carb to match the higher number. I believe you have to do this while you are giving is throttle so get someone to hold the throttle while you wrench. Hope that helps someone may chime in with a clearer explanation.

How old is the throttle cable? they do stretch and wear out. Check for cracks in your intake boots. Do you have tors on or off? Do you have the correct type of cable for your carb setup? Can you see the difference in the slides going up and down? Check that the carb caps are snug. Have you cleaned the carbs?

Forgot to mention to check that your crossover tube and choke tube are in working order and intalled.

06 model tors on cable 4 years old

did work on carby last break tuned carby after i instaled pipes k&n filter in box and pro series reeds +4 timing did the reeds and +4 2 months ago and the rest of the mods 3 weeks ago after tuning for my mods i synced the carbs by eye slides lifted at the same time when i was tuning picked up that it was smoking more out of the left pipe bike ran as normal this week got the sync tool removed the air box and boots placed tool on back of left carby reading is higher than right carby left was 5 right was 3 that is when the slides go up at the same time

work i did to the cabys is changed mains to 260 pilot to 27.5 air screw 1.5 turns out needle clip to 2nd from the top

can the cable move out of the track in the tors or can the pilot be blocked alittle

when i sync the carbs with the tool smokes same on both pipes put slides dont lift up even

You have to start with a little slack in your cable so that the idle screw is the only thing affecting the RPMs while you sync the idle.

In other words if you backed out the idle screws completely the slides should bottom out.

Adjust the idle screws until you get the same reading on both carbs.

Once you have the carbs synced at idle; tie a string, tie wrap, rubber band, or the likes to keep the throttle about 1/4 open (3-5K rpms).

Adjust the carb top cable adjusters until you get the same readings on both carbs.

At this point you can remove the implement holding the throttle open and check the cable slack you should have a little free-play between where the throttle is at rest and where it begins to add fuel (about an 1/8").

Once this is done your carbs should be in sync.

Take it for a spin, if one side comes on before the other just lift the opposite side ever so slightly until they both fire in unison.

• 3 weeks later...

You have to start with a little slack in your cable so that the idle screw is the only thing affecting the RPMs while you sync the idle.

In other words if you backed out the idle screws completely the slides should bottom out.

Adjust the idle screws until you get the same reading on both carbs.

Once you have the carbs synced at idle; tie a string, tie wrap, rubber band, or the likes to keep the throttle about 1/4 open (3-5K rpms).

Adjust the carb top cable adjusters until you get the same readings on both carbs.

At this point you can remove the implement holding the throttle open and check the cable slack you should have a little free-play between where the throttle is at rest and where it begins to add fuel (about an 1/8").

Once this is done your carbs should be in sync.

Take it for a spin, if one side comes on before the other just lift the opposite side ever so slightly until they both fire in unison.

worked out it was the throttle cable so i removed the tors then instaled a tors elim kit and ear screws ges what both carbs are in sync :headbang: at idle and 1\4 throttle :cheers: thanks for the info all of u :D:D:D:D