Rocket R2s

SandmanPNW

Do you think they'll clear a Clarke tank with a dual pingle?

Yup, the Pingel on a Clarke 5 gallon will clear just fine if you clock the valve body a little - you'll see when you set the tank in place, no problemo.

Of course after riding you'll wanna give the pipes just a few moments to cool before reaching for that shutoff lever.

Edited by iPaul

Yup, the Pingel on a Clarke 5 gallon will clear just fine if you clock the valve body a little - you'll see when you set the tank in place, no problemo.

Of course after riding you'll wanna give the pipes just a few moments to cool before reaching for that shutoff lever.

Thanks Paul, that helps a lot. I'm considering the R2's for my 421 Serval. How much clearance between tank and pipes?

dumb question.... will i have to cut my front plastics for them to fit? and where to buy from? .thank's.

Yes, you gotta cope the front fenders. I cut semicircles in my front fenders and finished the edges with the edge trim strips from the tank ferrings (i didn't need the ferrings because i had gone with a oversize tank). If you like the lean look of cut fenders, search the forum a bit for a flat black and orange banshee that was running chrome rockets with the coolest race cut fenders. Search the forum under key words R2, ROCKETS, ROCKETPIPES...etc, and find that banshee. you'll know the picture when you see it. Totally bad ass fender cuts, it's well worth the search. You can also do the full bore race cut, lot of banshee's loose the bunny ears. Looks cool either way

...search for member borrink performance and look through his postings and you'll find a phone number and emal that he posted in response to a forum question regarding buying Rockets. Also MINKIA38, another member here, has new R2's on ebay as Buy It Now, chrome and black, just search "banshee r2 rocket" in ebay. I have dealt with MINKIA38 and was happy with the transactions.

Hope this helps.

Can someone post some pictures of these pipes from a top view. I know they stick out and would just like to see it. Side and front views also welcome. Thanks

There is a pic in my sig of a front view I will post more pics later of the top and sides

borrink's selling black hi-temp and bare steel for 450 + shipping. look in the for sale section "R2's in stock". His chrome pipes are in the platers atm apparently.

minkia is doing same for 570 + shipping.

There should be a pair of R2's on their way to OZ, cant wait, yippee.

borrink's selling black hi-temp and bare steel for 450 + shipping. look in the for sale section "R2's in stock". His chrome pipes are in the platers atm apparently.

minkia is doing same for 570 + shipping.

There should be a pair of R2's on their way to OZ, cant wait, yippee.

Your going to love them bro.