taking weight off my bike

Alex29573

hey all, i once saw on here a bike for sale that weighed something like 250-270 lbs complete with motor and everything...

I drag race on asphalt and I would really like to have a light bike so I've put blue labels all around (skinnies in front), -2 chromoly swinger, blaster axle, and some other small things here an there..

What i want to know is whats my next big step to loose some weight off the bike? Is there someone who sells an aluminum or all chromoly frame? What about going to spindle mounts (how much weight does that save)?

I did research and a sub frame only saves like 2 pounds, a steering stem saves like 1 pound, and drag arms are like 5 pounds total. Is there anything i can do to take off like 10-15lbs in one shot?

Invest in an aluminum drag axle, the whole assembly weighs less than 10lbs.

Lose the front brakes if your track don't require you to run them.

Lose anything else that it don't need to go down the track.

Remember, ounces make pounds...

-2 swinger and drag racing shouldn't be in the same paragraph. That sounds like a violent ride.

As mentioned; a drag axle will help a lot with weight (both static and rotating.) You could also ditch the radiator if your running alky, though it doesn't sound like you are. Drag cut the wheels, run spindle mount front wheels (ditch the front brake),drag a-arms, drag steering stem, smaller fuel tank, cut all tabs and brackets off that aren';t needed. Lots of stuff can be cut off. Do a search - there are some pics out there.

Just like these guys said. An aluminum drag axle is number one for sure just after light tires, along with aluminum sprocket and aarms and light drag spindles lose 7-10lbs. Then make sure you use light tires. A few LBs weight savings on anything that rotates like axle, sprockets, and tires can be a bike length or two in a race. American racers are real light tires good for asphalt. Don't know what you are running now.

Loose body weight, 7 lbs= lose of 1hp or you can build a faster bike, thats what I did! Lost 35lbs and gained a little advantage.

lmao, that is actually a good idea to some people (loosing weight), for example i only weight around 100 pounds and im 14 years old. I have beat heavily modded raptors up the banshee hill in whinchester bay no problem on my 4 mil

sell the entire bike and buy a chromo chassis. you'll loose a LOT of weight real fast/.

i hate racing you lil skinny kids!!! i weigh 270lbs and then old farts keep putting these lil kid's on their drag bikes!! dangit!

you can also let out a really good poop before you go race and i also let a HUGE fart off the line kinda like a rocket effect.