Runs without the sparkplug wires!

I was riding this weekend and got caught out in a huge rain storm. Right after that my banshee started running really sparatic and then died. I got a tow back to camp, and pull started it on the way. When I got to camp, it started revving up on its own, i hit the kill switch and nothing happened, I pulled both spark plug wires and it still was running! I had to pull the choke to kill it. My buddy says it"s a bad reed. I just put in a new set of v3's. Anyone have any ideas to get me started?

You running stock carbs??? do a search for stock carbs getting water in them. For some reason the stockers do that. I dont know why but I am sure someone on here does.

it's called a lean rev and there is nothing you can do, but pull the choke or hold the brakes and release the clutch. running out of gas, getting water in the bowl, having one slide stick up from water/debris getting on it, etc a lot of things can cause it. i would clean the carbs, oil the slides with a thin film and check everything over.

i can tell you that it's not the tors that is doing it with water, and neither will the tors help prevent it from running away. the slides are not sticking, and i don't think it's water in the bowls either. it messes with the venturri somehow. it will do it hot or cold, and it's 10x worse when it's cold. only fix is to seal up the carbs at all points, like cable, etc, avaid water to the filter, or simply buy aftermarket carbs. when it happens, just keep pulling the choke out untill it loads up and starts to die, then push it back in and let it clear out. keep doing that untill it idles normall again, and they will be dried out. if the engine is hot, sometimes you can just keep riding, and it will go away in 10-15 seconds on it's own.

i can tell you that it's not the tors that is doing it with water, and neither will the tors help prevent it from running away. the slides are not sticking, and i don't think it's water in the bowls either. it messes with the venturri somehow. it will do it hot or cold, and it's 10x worse when it's cold. only fix is to seal up the carbs at all points, like cable, etc, avaid water to the filter, or simply buy aftermarket carbs. when it happens, just keep pulling the choke out untill it loads up and starts to die, then push it back in and let it clear out. keep doing that untill it idles normall again, and they will be dried out. if the engine is hot, sometimes you can just keep riding, and it will go away in 10-15 seconds on it's own.

I rode it probably about 15 minutes, then let it idle another 10 or 15 and it never cleared up. I could barely touch the throttle, and it would rev all the way up. So waterproofing the carb boots and plugs will help this?

Its sounds like a lean stick but first things first. Check to make sure that you slides are bottoming out when you let off the throttle. The tors are setup to save you in a broken cable or stuck slide situation where the throttle is not open and the tops of the carbs are. Check all your connections around the carb boots and reeds, you have a air leak somewhere causing the lean condition I would bet. If you cant find it do a leak down you will find it then for sure. One thing is for sure if you keep riding it you will be rebuilding it if its lean!