Seminoe dunes in Wy

sheeban

Hey guys gonna make a trip to seminoe dunes near Casper Wyoming in September and I have never been there. Was hoping to hear from some one that has been there before so i could know what to expect. Would be cool if any one close enough could join the Fun so let me know.

Hey guys gonna make a trip to seminoe dunes near Casper Wyoming in September and I have never been there. Was hoping to hear from some one that has been there before so i could know what to expect. Would be cool if any one close enough could join the Fun so let me know.

I LOVED it.

There are't really any areas where you can open it up 80 plus mph, but there are a lot of VERY steep hillclimbs.

One is called "banshee hill". It is a hill that literally rises out of the resorvoir and is very steep; there is no "runway".

I will go back one day.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a fun place to ride. I haven't been out there this year but I know that the lake was FULL this spring which basically would make the big hill unrideable and all of the beach would have been covered. There are a couple of nasty climbs on the south side of the hill too, but I can't remember if there is a trail to it without the beach. If you go north of it there are a couple of good spots, some long flat spots for dragging and shit like that. I think it's pretty fun to ride.

The big hill is more like 400 feet of vertical, but the challenge is the lack of runout at the bottom. If the lake is full, 0 runout. Down about 10 feet you get maybe 25 feet of flatter sand before you hit the steep.

Top of the hill, looking N, or NE a bit.

P8170018.jpg

I have a bunch of pictures if I can find them.

Dude I used to live in newcastle a couple of years ago I don't remember anyone with a shee, whats your name. I go to Glenrock all the time it pretty much sucks after a while.

My name is David Fulk to bad we never met each other. Yea glenrock does get old quick but it is still a good place to drag and test out the machine. Are there still some fast Yfzs down there? I hope the water is down enough to ride all the big hills.