Which tires are for me?

bbcmudtruck

I'm trying to gear up for the LS HQ ride in october and will need some tires for the new motor. I weigh 225 and I'll be running a stock frame with a +6 and a drag ported 10mil cub with a 2-4. I understand thats an odd motor/swinger setup, but thats what I got. I've never bought tires for sand dragging so I don't even know where to start. Any help choosing the buff/RO/height/number of paddles etc.. Thanks!

So far I've heard 10 or 12 paddle extremes. 21x10x8. Anyone else have an opinion?

11 paddle 22,10 x8 extreams would work well also ! I am about your size, right now I run 12s and it gets out of the hole great but lose a little top end speed !with 10s I got out the hole like shit but it pulled hard at the end , I do believe 11s will be the ticket for me once I can afford them , So if I had my choise again i would buy 11s but then again it all depends what gears your gunna run ! for hillshooting I run a 15-43 . with a 2-5 you might need a little lower gearing un less all you are doing is hill racing and dragging IMO ............................................... edited to add with a + 6 a 10 paddle would probably work good , with 12s you would be pulling the front wheels off the ground pretty easy

Edited by Paul M