HP of unported 4 mil cheetah cub

bansheeboy44

Hey all- Just got back into the 2 stroke game and just picked up an 06 unported 4 mil cheetah cub. It has all the typical goodies including 35mm carbs, but the previous owner chose not to have it ported. I'm just wondering what kind of HP i am pushing on this so i can determine what paddles I'm going to buy. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and glad to be BACK!!!

Hey all- Just got back into the 2 stroke game and just picked up an 06 unported 4 mil cheetah cub. It has all the typical goodies including 35mm carbs, but the previous owner chose not to have it ported. I'm just wondering what kind of HP i am pushing on this so i can determine what paddles I'm going to buy. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and glad to be BACK!!!

alot more info is needed on the setup to give you a ball park figure

The previous owner said it had the castings cleaned up and cases to match, timing +5, vforce 3, in-frame sheares, and will be riding in glamis/gordon's well. Again- just trying to get a ball park HP # so i know how many paddles to run etc, since it will be a duner 90% of the time. Thanks

The previous owner said it had the castings cleaned up and cases to match, timing +5, vforce 3, in-frame sheares, and will be riding in glamis/gordon's well. Again- just trying to get a ball park HP # so i know how many paddles to run etc, since it will be a duner 90% of the time. Thanks

compression? fuel?

If you're running meth and high compression you can run alot more paddle than pump gas

Unported as well? nice numbers

Yep, just casting flaws cleaned up by Jeff @ FAST. Race fuel, of course.

I put 35PWK and inframe shearers on later, never dyno'd it again.

Too much for a stock tranny and stock clutch (wouldn't shift for shit) in the dunes.

Yep, just casting flaws cleaned up by Jeff @ FAST. Race fuel, of course.

I put 35PWK and inframe shearers on later, never dyno'd it again.

Too much for a stock tranny and stock clutch (wouldn't shift for shit) in the dunes.

Thanks for the information and guestimate- it's much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

75 to 90.

My 4 mil cub on gas with Vforce reeds, lots of timing and compression with stock carbs and T5 pipes pulled 85 HP.

just wondering where abouts were you at on your jetting with the stock carbs. i will have around the same setup but with inframe shearers and just wondering where i should start?

just wondering where abouts were you at on your jetting with the stock carbs. i will have around the same setup but with inframe shearers and just wondering where i should start?

Sorry...just saw this. Believe it or not, I had 32.5 pilots on the dyno and 350 mains.

Bike ran crisp...but I only went on one or two rides like that until I got my 35s and Shearer inframes.

Wes...it was at DynoEdge in Clarkston MI. John Q's shop is the standard around here. Neal at Saber Racing literally has thousands of dyno runs there, and guys that get A&S, RDZ, etc. motors take them there to run 'em. He's not as open to the public as he was before, now it's more of a friend/word of mouth dyno, but he's still around. He is a more conservative dyno...I know Dan @A&S dyno read a little higher than DynoEdge.

Here's the dyno chart from my 4 mil on gas, stock carbs and T5 pipes. Lane from Vito's was there when it made the pull, he couldnt' believe it.

The pull that is all broken up is due to flywheel with broken magnets. It was all sealed up and it acted like that on the dyno.

We took the flywheel off and it sounded like a salt shaker inside. Replaced it...and here you go.

96sheecubbed.jpg

Sorry...just saw this. Believe it or not, I had 32.5 pilots on the dyno and 350 mains.

Bike ran crisp...but I only went on one or two rides like that until I got my 35s and Shearer inframes.

wow! That's impressive, but I dont think I will get away with that small of jets, considering last time I went out I was running 320's on a stock stroke/cylinder. With no porting whatsoever, and I was still running a little on the lean side (pending the time and temperature of the day).

wow! That's impressive, but I dont think I will get away with that small of jets, considering last time I went out I was running 320's on a stock stroke/cylinder. With no porting whatsoever, and I was still running a little on the lean side (pending the time and temperature of the day).

I only ran 330s or so on my stock cylinder as well.

A ported motor can pull more fuel thorough the same size jet if done right.

(By more I don't mean amount per hole, I mean it will pull fuel earlier and later...meaning more volume)

I don't know if I described that right...or worded it correctly.