flat track

alright so i just was screwing around with some friends at our IMI race facility. it was a motorcross track flat track and a fewother random riding areas. so my friends and i were riding ( very competetive) and i was realizing i was pretty damn good. he was riding that famous 250 r ported and piped i helped re build it from ground up. and i was on my banshee with t6 pipes and jetting. i would smoke him off the line on the R but couldnt shift as well. on my banshee it would bog out when starting in second but once i got in moving and rpms up i could pull third through the corns and hit fith on the straights. i would just pull away. i was wantin more power and turnong capabilties. and would highly appreciate some help

I think with all basic bolt ons you should be pretty competitive. I was thinking about the same thing. I did the yfz front suspension swap. That lowered the bike quite a bit and widened it too. I'm sortof thinking that they couldn't say crap if you wanted to run in the knobby class. It's stock suspension for a quad just not a shee.

You will find in true flattrack, attention to gearing is VERY important. When you shift, if you shift, holeshot, straight speed, etc. It sounds like some minor changes could really help but keep in mind that it is all about getting around the circle faster. Cannot tell you how many times I thought I was faster and turned out slower. Traction and gearing make a difference.

B

• 2 weeks later...

so if i get a timing plate, which way would i have to either advance or retard to get low end power? i have hardly any with the pipes i have. t6

For more low end you ll wanna advance +2 to +4ish would be a nice set up i think.

is there any way to use my stock plate? or does the aftermarket give more?

You can grind out the stoke plate a bit. Im using my stock plate for my new motor. gunna run it at +2 or 3. Iv never bought a aftermarket one. Im sure their alot better. But myway will work.