Nitrous

GrayRacing

ok guys, my cub cylinders are being sent off to millennium to be renikiled. my bike ran constitant 3.1s and 3.2s in 200ft. im wanting to stick a 25-35 shot of nitrous to it set a track record, whats the biggest shot of spray you can stick to a motor like that and how many tenths should it pick you up ? im just needing to know before i go too big on the spray and blow it all to heck.

are you wanting a dry shot or wet shot?

whats the compression, fuel, additive fuel your wanting to use, ignition set up ect..

im gonna use a wet system, and my bike is running off alky and everyone tells me to use gas as a additive. and idk about the ignition. i have 180 pounds of compression in each cylinder

back the timing down to +2 or so, i would pick the fuel up from a seperate location( not the pingle valve that support the carbs ). make sure the battery you choose can support the solinoids,and the pump. meaning the psi from the pump does not fall to far when you click the the system on, set the psi from the pump flowing..

keep a good eye on bottle psi, its a big deal....

use gas for the fuel....

i would say a 35 shot is fine all day if you have good parts, a 35 shotis like dropin a bomb...you are going to have to gear, tire and bar adjust to optimize the spray. in 200 ft its all going to be how well you get the added power down in the first 75-100 ft

Assuming timing is retarded enough and air/fuel ratio doesnt go lean, what is the next weak link? Piston strength, rod strength?

Just curious because i have a 4mil stock cylinder bike on race fuel. I have a hotrods crank and i dont know what is the limits of my internals in terms of horsepower. I thought about spraying my bike as well just in 4th and 5th with a WOT switch and wet shot(5-10shot per cylinder). I would of done it already but kits are freakin $750+ :(

Edited by RagunCajun

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Look into a Boss noss kit. They come in a little box with the batteries already there and should always have enough fuel to cover the spray. I just bought a kit about 3 weeks ago. just waiting for the time to hook it up. its a way simple kit tho, call boss noss and tell them what you have and they will tell you what is safe.

Look into a Boss noss kit. They come in a little box with the batteries already there and should always have enough fuel to cover the spray. I just bought a kit about 3 weeks ago. just waiting for the time to hook it up. its a way simple kit tho, call boss noss and tell them what you have and they will tell you what is safe.

i also got the boss noss kit... i will post how it goes...

• 4 weeks later...

ok its all done just need to try it out... i will keep ya posted...

IMG_20100906_175105.jpg

IMG_20100906_174748.jpg

IMG_20100906_174713.jpg

IMG_20100906_175046.jpg

IMG_20100906_175215.jpg

Have you ran this yet? I think you might have it hooked up wrong? check the NPFI before you run that thing!

never mind! That's your fuel splitter. sick bike! I'll have my updated kit next week!

Edited by Josh Z