help with 33pwks

I have a HJR 4mil stroker .040 bore, t5s, Noss cool head, run 93 octane, I have a chariot performance intake with built in cross over. boyessen stage 2 reeds with billet spacer, Im running uni pod filters. I ride in mass at sea level. just upgraded from stock carbs with 330 mains and she ran like a rapped ape. Now I put on 33pwks and i had kevin herr set the carbs for me. I shouls have wrote down the jet sizes, my bad. Long story short it has a hard time idling which could be a simple adjustment just not sure what screws to turn. also it seems to hesitate ans sputter a bit when i hit the power band at wot and it seems like it doesnt rev out like it used to. if i let it idle it seems to want to foul plugs but when its wot it seems to want to sputter almost like its running out of fuel. couls it be from a stock petcock with this set up?

Any input would be great,

Thanks,

Mike

Kevin, if your out there please help, dont waant to screw up this beast of a motor you built me!

Edited by clutch414

Start with 165-168 mains, CEL needle on 3rd clip. Ditch the crappy needles that come stock in the PWK's, unless it is a CGL, then it's very close to a CEL. If it's a DGK or something, get rid of it.

52 pilots, air screw at 1.5-2 turns out. Might end up at 50 pilots.

Work down slowly.

Black plastic screws are your idle, gold metal (small ones) are air screws.

Would be a good idea to grab a carb sync tool, or hook up with someone that has one, to sync your carbs during jetting and especially after.

I ran an HJR portec stock cylinder on 33mm PWK's at 1300 feet ASL... ran 158 mains, 48 pilots, air screw 2 turns out.

Same when I ran my 33mm PWK's on my HJR 4mil cub.

You will be a little richer.

Sounds like your bottom is richer, but your top end is lean (from single petcock or your jetting)

GET A DUAL PINGEL petcock...

Good luck

Edited by TeamRealtreeHD

what is the purpose of the pilot jets. I dropped my mains to 155 from 160 seems to have more pop up top. I seem to be running to rich on the bottom though cause it seems like it has a hard time idling and when i am under half throttle it seems to be bogging down until i go to wot and it seems to burn off the extra fuel. would this be from my pilot jets being to big?

Thanks,

Mike