lesnar vs carwin

VictorK

You you honestly think Carwins trainers totally neglected to train him for a 5 round fight???

If he would have paced himself, he wouldn't have gassed.

You jump on top of someone and try to flatten their skull with every ounce of your energy for 3 or 4 minutes straight. That's like a 3 or 4 minute sprint. Then imagine if you were Carwins size.

ANYONE would gas fighting at that pace at that size.

I don't think it was his cardio that was lacking. I think it was his presence of mind to tell him to slow it down.

There are guys that can fight like that the entire fight and never gas, so yes it is a cardio issue. How can you possibly know what it's like to gas when you've never gone past the first round? All the training in the world can't help you if you don't know what to expect.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are guys that can fight like that the entire fight and never gas, so yes it is a cardio issue. How can you possibly know what it's like to gas when you've never gone past the first round? All the training in the world can't help you if you don't know what to expect.

275lb guys with normal sized lungs.

Doubt it

even lesner was like, when carwin was hitting me on the ground i knew he was getting tired, each punch was not has hard as the one before.

I totally agree, regardless of what he said...he ran out of gas. His next fight or two, if they make it out of the first round, will be the tell tale sign.

That being said...it's possible Lesnar started getting his wits about him, his adrenaline back up or he was deflecting more punches at the end.

I know Carwin wanted to dominate him and finish him on the ground...but I think standing up would've been a better option for him.

Now that Lesnar's chin has been tested, I think a lot more HW might change their game plan as well.

I think you're going to get a perfectly placed punch or kick to that melon to KO him...he's not going down with a brush to his noggin.

just one question, how is running out of gas not a cardio problem?

it would be like saying your big truck only made 200 miles this fill up when others with a similar truck get 300 miles, but it isn't a MPG problem.

even lesner was like, when carwin was hitting me on the ground i knew he was getting tired, each punch was not has hard as the one before.

Let me clear this up.

I do not know if he has a cardio problem.

I agree that he ran out of gas.

If you drive your truck yhe speed limit and don't dog it lets say you get 15mpg.

Now lets say i have the same truck but go 100mph everywhere i go, and i only get 6mpg.

Would you say your truck inherently gets better mileage?

I'm just trying to be logical.

If carwin and lesnar fought at the same pace and carwin was shot at the end of the 1st and lesnar was not, I'd say carwin had poorer cardio.

There is not enough evidence to say that however.

Geez

Edited by SLORYDER

Honestly i think they could have stopped that fight, lesnar wasnt doing anything but getting punched in the face. I have seen them stop fights for alot less. Carwin just got all pumped up because the he was about to stop it and punched himself out. I still doubt his next few fights will test him because who in the hw division is he going to fight and not knock out in the first round he is a straight beast. I cant wait for the rematch.

carwin was tired about 3 minutes in. he was dead after 5mins. he has cardio weakness. if it was maybe 3 minutes in the 2nd round and he was punching lesner into the bitch he was trying to do, then maybe it wouldn't be an issue, but he was tired very quickly.

When was the last time you saw a 275lb'er fight at that pace and not gas?

no, i am saying my cardio is better, i would not want to fight him at all. that dude is a beast and i dont have a steel chin like lesner.

If you lost all your fat how much do you think you'd weigh?

i never said i would beat him up.

and if i got into fighting shape i would be in the same weight class.

you understand about "cutting" weight and all that right?

if you were walking around at 220 all muscle with little body fat normally, youd fight at lightheavyweight, unless you were stupid .

or are you talking about a hypothetical situation where you are 250- 265 all muscle? im confused

these guys are monsters for their weight classes. there are some huge middle weights out there that would normally walk the streets at well over 200 pounds and all muscle and light heavyweights that would look blown, six pack and all, at 230 pounds that couldnt possibly look like they could m ake 205

Gassing is the same thing as having no cardio. That's not rocket science.

Also, the ref was right in not stopping that fight. I have watched it 3 times now. Carwin doesn't land any major shots while he has Brock on the ground. They were mostly to his arms and forearms. Hardly a good reason to stop a fight. Plus, Brock kept working. He was moving around, kicking Carwin off and letting the ref know that he was OK.

Brock has a solid chin. That was really his only questionable area. He took punches from the hardest hitting HW out there and came back to win. Every HW in the UFC right now is wondering how in the hell they are going to beat Brock. Carwin just helped to debunk the one hit wonder theory. Carwin was Brock's biggest threat. JDS and Cain are far too small to be able to handle Brock's size and strength.

Gassing is the same thing as having no cardio. That's not rocket science.

Also, the ref was right in not stopping that fight. I have watched it 3 times now. Carwin doesn't land any major shots while he has Brock on the ground. They were mostly to his arms and forearms. Hardly a good reason to stop a fight. Plus, Brock kept working. He was moving around, kicking Carwin off and letting the ref know that he was OK.

Brock has a solid chin. That was really his only questionable area. He took punches from the hardest hitting HW out there and came back to win. Every HW in the UFC right now is wondering how in the hell they are going to beat Brock. Carwin just helped to debunk the one hit wonder theory. Carwin was Brock's biggest threat. JDS and Cain are far too small to be able to handle Brock's size and strength.

I agree that Brock will be hard to beat.

I think Fedor has a shot at beating Lesnar as much now as before he lost in a submission...

The guy was undefeated for 10 years. Did he face the best/strongest opponents? Yes...no, who is to say.

But he crushed them all...

That's the beauty of MMA...anything can happen.

Fedor vs. anyone in UFC will be the biggest draw ever, unless Fedor goes Liddell and starts on a losing streak...

If Fedor loses again, he'll be begging for a UFC fight like no tomorrow...watch.