+10" Arched Ladder Bar Swingarm

One of a kind custom +10" Arched Ladder Bar Swingarm for a Banshee. This swingarm will definately set your bike off and catch everyones eye. Made with light weight chromoly tubing. All tig welded for superior strength. Uses factory front and rear chain slider. Uses factory shock linkage. Stock pivot bearings will press right into pivot tube. Round House style carrier. Comes with all hardware. Swingarm weighs approximately 9 lbs.

post-36241-12776760473873_thumb.jpg

Ya. Definantly one of a kind. Have you ever ran one? Do you have pics of it mounted? How about a video of it in action? Im kinda leary about this one. lol.

lol I wouldn't ever put that thing on any one of my bikes.. Even if I got past the goofy look.. I'd be scared of the function. After looking where the shock tab is in relation to the pivot tube and carrier.. Seems like that thing wouldn't sit anywhere near right..

I'll stick with the site sponsors for my fab work...

lol I wouldn't ever put that thing on any one of my bikes.. Even if I got past the goofy look.. I'd be scared of the function. After looking where the shock tab is in relation to the pivot tube and carrier.. Seems like that thing wouldn't sit anywhere near right..

I'll stick with the site sponsors for my fab work...

Everything is in the identical location as stock dude...draw a straight line from the pivot tube to the carrier and the tabs are just above center line....just like stock! honestly its a lot bigger arch than i normally build...i just had this tubing laying around and needed to do something with it....

Everything is in the identical location as stock dude...draw a straight line from the pivot tube to the carrier and the tabs are just above center line....just like stock! honestly its a lot bigger arch than i normally build...i just had this tubing laying around and needed to do something with it....

They are not worried about it being center then are worried about the arch. I think its way to much off an arch bet you if you dont run a strut and run a shaw it will hit the subframe

well if you dont sell it soon, put it on a bike and take some pics of it.... that might help us and you out as well,,, if it functions as well as you say, i am sure you will sell a ton cause it is bad azzzzzz........ :headbang:

They are not worried about it being center then are worried about the arch. I think its way to much off an arch bet you if you dont run a strut and run a shaw it will hit the subframe

it wont hit...i will go put it on a bike at my shop tomorrow and post pics of the ride height and also with someone pushing the bike down so u can see it wont hit the subframe...it is definately more arch than i normally build but i had the tubing from another job and never used all of it so i built this arm for something different....

I definitely would not put that on a high horsepower bike, thats for sure. There is no structural stength from front to back to keep the swingarm from wanting to twist/flex under a heavy load. I see alot of thrown chains on an arm like that. I have seen alot of custom parts over the years that the idea may end up looking cool, but the functionality of it in real life just isnt feasable. shrug03.gif

I definitely would not put that on a high horsepower bike, thats for sure. There is no structural stength from front to back to keep the swingarm from wanting to twist/flex under a heavy load. I see alot of thrown chains on an arm like that. I have seen alot of custom parts over the years that the idea may end up looking cool, but the functionality of it in real life just isnt feasable. shrug03.gif

honestly how is this swingarm gonna throw chains off?? haha. a swingarm similar to this was ran by D&M Racing on one of their 10 mills just last thanksgiving at glamis and never once threw a chain and ran perfectly straight up the hill kickin ass the whole way

Also why do you have pictures of "Lightening Yayito" (the cars themed bike) i believe that was built by D&M....not you

Okay. Hopefully you give some sort of guarantee with your parts. If you get a high output bike that gets good traction and can put a good load onto the tires, that swingarm will most likely twist to the left from chain torque. I obviously do not know you or have seen the work that you do besides this one piece. But I would hope that you give good thought about the conditions in which loads are applied under different situations placed onto the parts that you build so you do not have to worry about part failure. This particular arm however, the arch is so large that there is not any front to back structural strength to counter act chain torque. I have seen plenty of D&M bikes run out in glamis. I have never seen anything with an arch anywhere near like this on any bike out there. I have plenty of friends and clients that go to glamis, pismo, dumont, etc. And any time there is something out of the norm, I get a phone call or text or pictures sent to me.

I also am constantly helping the members on this forum. I do my best to answer any questions they may have on my or any other manufacturers products. I have even explained to some clients looking for specific products that there are sometimes even other manufacturers that would suit them better than my product would. So take my professional opinion how you wish. I understand that no one likes hearing negative comments about something that they built. But I feel when safety or property damage could come from it, I speak up.

Also, if you noticed that I have a section called "FRIENDS/customers" bikes. Members from this site sent me photos to upload. No where on my site do I advertise that those are my builds.