Head gasket blown?

Hi guys, I have a mint 1 owner 98 Banshee that i have recently purchased, it is totally stock so i put some nerfs, bars and bumper on it, i will put some pics up soon for everyone to see but i had a problem today when i was riding, i noticed steam and water coming out from the front so i stopped to check and the big hose from the radiator to the front of the head had come off, i put it back on and refilled the radiator but it is missing a lot, like its running on one cylinder, i gave it a comp test and it is 120 and 125psi, does that mean the head gasket is ok or could it still be blown?

Thanks in advance, Norm.

Well shit guys, dont all help at once, is this what i should expect from this site or is a blown head gasket too technical for you all?

check ur plugs make sure they arnt fouled out even if they look good change them and is it both cylinders of just 1 if it just 1 switch wires n see if it still does it could b bad plug caps ,weak spark, i believe if u have a blown head gasket u should notice ur coolant going down

one thing to expect from this site is the members not really being amped to help a lil bitch.

run the bike for a few seconds with a few lil blips of the throttle then shut it down. pull both plugs and check them out, if one or both is really clean it could a blown head gasket. (doesnt work that well with new plugs as they are clean anyway)

If you can borrow a Co2 tester from a mechanical work shop or trailer your bike down, you can give it a sniffer test to see if there is C02 in the water (meens blown head gasket)

adding cold water to a hot engine is a big no no as it can/will cause warpage.

so are you saying it was running fine, then you noticed steam and you reconnected the hose and added coolant, then it started to miss ?

P.S

this should have been in "Banshee Repairs and Mods" not "General Banshee Discussion" .....

Well shit guys, dont all help at once, is this what i should expect from this site or is a blown head gasket too technical for you all?

not to technical , in the wrong place, put it in mods and repairs and you might get a answer, but don't be a jackass or no one will help you, ask nicely, does it use coolant now? if so blown headgasket, if not it might have just baked a plug. did you pay attention to it being a holliday weekend most were out doing family things this weekend!

Welcome to BHQ !! Sorry we all didn't bow down and kiss your ass quickly , some people have a life , like riding their shee , father's day. Try having a LITTLE paitience , this isn't BANSHEE 911 !! Also try the search function ,and try reading threads , you will learn a lot , maybe more than answers to your problem. Also get a Clymers manual , lots of information on how to repair Banshees in case us slow fucks are busy.

Edited by Larry's Shee

Aaaghh now thats more like it, good to see everyone here has a sense of humour lol, The hose blew off cause the waterpump bearing and seal fuked out so then it ran out of water and then head gasket blew, thanks for the response just make it quicker next time alright!! (kidding)

Sorry lads , i'm from New Zealand, been over to the states a few times racing standup jetski's at Havasu.

Plugs didnt have any obvious signs of water on them.

well on obvious problem is that your from new zealand :) haha jk anywho check around the head see if theres coolant leaking out of it