shooting flames out of left side?

Gurnzz

Right, it was an accident. Relax ladies... I know most of you like to take the opportunity to point out a mistake since you never make any... it was simply that, a mistake. So please forgive me, and you guys can get down off your high horse. =)

I know it was a mistake dip shit, thats why I threw a smilely on the end of my question asking you "are you sure??"

You're the "lady" that got your feeling's hurt about it too. :shootself:

Nobody was wrong. The flywheel IS behind the clutch cover....Very FAR behind it. You'll find it's located just after the stator and just before the stator cover. But it's best to go at it from the back. :lol:;)

lol......well, from what i see, normally, spark issue will be more rpm specific. it will either not work great at lower rpm's and ba hard to start, or have topend issues, and such. being more throttle specific, i would guess the left carb has a fuel issue, loading it up below 1/2 throttle, like a bad float or needle/seat, plugged airjet, etc. i would start with fresh plugs, and clean out the carbs and check float adjustment. does the draintube leak? i also had put one together with a really wide gap before, and it was rough on startup, idle, and low rpm. tad flat on top, if i remember.... i'd bet the flames are nothing more than excess fuel in the pipes igniting. once you fix the problem, i'd repack the silencers, too.

• 1 month later...

X2 on the timing. It's not likely a lean condition. If it was that lean, odds are there wouldn't be enough fuel in the cylinder to expel flames. I would pull the clutch cover and make sure your flywheel is tight... COULD be super rich... mixed with a timing problem.

so how is he supposed to make sure the flywheel is tight by pulling the clutch cover???? i think he would make out better by pulling the stator/flywheel cover off. just an idea tho, to each their own :shrugani::shootself:

yes actually the drain tube does leak, so what do you think?

sounds like your float assy has a problem. either the float height is not set right, or the needle/seat is leaking. they leak for 2 reasons- junk stuck in there keeping it from closing, or the tip is old and hardened/cracked, etc.

Refrained from posted before. The flames are from a lean condition on that cylinder either from:

A, small main jet, increase size

B, clogged main or pilot, simple fix problem with carb clean

C, carb balance got off and one slide is open way before the other, clear to see with the eye.

Highly unlikely to be timing or anything else.

Brandon

Mull Engineering