Banshee Compression

HI guys ! I'm new here and I have a question for you !

- I've just done a compression test on my both cylinders, and the result was around 90 P.S.I. on Std. bore (64mm)

do I need to rebuild to end with new pistons and rings ?

Thanks !

HI guys ! I'm new here and I have a question for you !

- I've just done a compression test on my both cylinders, and the result was around 90 P.S.I. on Std. bore (64mm)

do I need to rebuild to end with new pistons and rings ?

Thanks !

Again, what tester did you use?

I have to tell you this - double check with another tester before you do anything expencive.

This is what happened to me 1 year ago.

I ordered my first mods for my banshee and after that I was thinking what was my compression.

I bought a tester and it showed 55 and 65, I was like WTF?! I went with my tester to a local shop that maintain 2 stroke bikes.

They compared it to one of them testers and said that my tester was NO GOOD and I should return it back - so I did.

I bought another one and it showed 110 and 115. I was thinking that thats the way it should be but it´s low.

I called to a good friend of mine and he told me that it might be a good time to bore it and also to make a port job and shave my stock head at the same time.

After a long research and studing of porting and waiting my parts I was finaly done - 8 months later!!!

My motor was back together and everything was good so I finaly go to break it in. After a good break in I was thrilled! Sounds great and stuf like that.

Next thing was to check how high was my new compression... 125 and almost 125!!!! HELL YEAH! THE SECOND TESTER WAS LEAKING!

- Now my motor runs great but I did all that shit because of my bad tester.

DOUBLE CHECK - before you put your Visa on-line!

-Pasi S.

(sorry my bad english)

...OH! and I went from the bone stock to mods in my sig. LOL!

Edited by Pasi S.