Jeting

Hi, i am a new member here, thanks for leting me join. finaly i got my jugs out of th machine shop. My question is were am i as far as jetting. i have a 99' banshee. The bike has 66 mm wiseco pistons, Hot rod crank, cool head with 20 domes, K&N air filters(Box removed) , V-force reeds/spacer, pipes and silencers( unsure of what kind), Curently 400 main jets and 2.8 pilots. I am the 2nd owner so there are somethings about the bike i am unsure of. I am aprox +900 ELV. Will i be able to use the jets that i got now? Do i need to use different ones??

Thanks

Edited by edcadfab

Hi, i am a new member here, thanks for leting me join. finaly i got my jugs out of th machine shop. My question is were am i as far as jetting. i have a 99' banshee. The bike has 66 mm wiseco pistons, Hot rod crank, cool head with 20 domes, K&N air filters(Box removed) , V-force reeds/spacer, pipes and silencers( unsure of what kind), Curently 400 main jets and 2.8 pilots. I am the 2nd owner so there are somethings about the bike i am unsure of. I am aprox +900 ELV. Will i be able to use the jets that i got now? Do i need to use different ones??

Thanks

Welcome to the site. I don't know all of too much about the elevation and all that but a 400 main seems way too high. Your pilot should be good as long as you ment a 28 and not 2.8. I sure someone on hear will give you a better idea of what to run. If it helps at all.... I'm running a 96 banshee bored 40 over with a cool headand 19cc domes fmf fattys with turbine core silencers vforce reeds on stock carbs with the air box removed and I'm running a 320 main and 27.5 pilot. Like I said not sure about elevation but I live in Michigan so I'm pretty close to sea level.

Thanks, The previous owner must of put them in. Im sure they are not stock. I never did get to far in jeting. 320 sounds good i guess, im not sure why the other owner put in 400. i did recheck the pilot and it was 28 as there was a nic or somthing on it. would the maker of the pipes and silencers make any difference? I know the pipes are not stock but thats it and the guy i got the bike from is gone far away.lol. I live in michigan to close to manton /lake city .

Edited by edcadfab

400 is way to high. In my opinion you should start at like 340 and do a proper plug chop. When jetting you always should start out rich and lean it down. Dont just go by how good it runs because a banshee with a lean condition will run its balls off until it melts down.

Ok so about 320 is the more common answer. so i will start there. as far as the pilot its eaither 2.8 or 28. theres a . or nic, and hard to tell, i tried to take a pic but its way small. im gona open the the other side (carb) and see what i can figure out. I dont have the boost bottle just stock aluminum tubeing. I will go over everything to ensure theres no air leaks. Thank you all for your help

Ok, i got 320 's now. So what about the pilots? i checked the other carb and both pilot jets 2.8 . This could of been why i had so much trouble runing the bike when i first got it till finaly "That Day" when she died. i am not sure my freind works at napa and is into this stuff and said its really weried pilot and most lickly incorect. he said i should start back at stock pilot and go from there. I have been told 27.5 pilot. Is that a good idea?