slingshot lockup issues....

ok, i need to vent....this was supose to be a bolt on, no modifications. The instructions with the lockup say to grind the numbs on the inside of the cover, plus drill a 3.5" dia hole in the cover so the lockup will clear. If I grind just the nubs off inside(the three plastic side cover mount boss) will it clear or will I most deflinatly need to cut the hole or grind off the webing of the inside cover. What seal will I use to block the massive f-in hole? Also, how many ball bearings should I use? All of them? its a 485 pump motor with one step heavy clutch springs.

Thanks for some info....

ok, i need to vent....this was supose to be a bolt on, no modifications. The instructions with the lockup say to grind the numbs on the inside of the cover, plus drill a 3.5" dia hole in the cover so the lockup will clear. If I grind just the nubs off inside(the three plastic side cover mount boss) will it clear or will I most deflinatly need to cut the hole or grind off the webing of the inside cover. What seal will I use to block the massive f-in hole? Also, how many ball bearings should I use? All of them? its a 485 pump motor with one step heavy clutch springs.

Thanks for some info....

cut the hole to be on the safe side.if know anybody with a plasma cutter,it works great.just shoot a bead of silicone around the rubber seal when you bolt the plastic cover back on.make sure you locktite the 6 bolts that go in the springs.if not they will back out.also just use one row of balls.i've ran one of these and they work just fine.for the money i think they are worth it

I ground the numbs and the waffle definatly needed to be ground off otherwise it was just brarley touching. With a gasket it probably would clear. I drilled a 2 inch hole in the center so I can still adjust the clutch easy.... The big flat gasket in the center of the cover will seal that hole plus the outer gasket as a backup. Seems to all fit fine ;)

Thanks for the help!