needles

Your new needles are longer because they are machined to meter the fuel supply differently than stock needles (or the ones you have) meter the fuel supply. The length of a needle, the diameter of a needle, and the rate and length of the angle of a needle all effect the way fuel is metered. Arbitrarily cutting the length of a needle will have a drastic effect on fuel delivery...

Your new needles are longer because they are machined to meter the fuel supply differently than stock needles (or the ones you have) meter the fuel supply. The length of a needle, the diameter of a needle, and the rate and length of the angle of a needle all effect the way fuel is metered. Arbitrarily cutting the length of a needle will have a drastic effect on fuel delivery...

ok no cut, so these will work... right? and if so stay with the 3 clip setting for starters or what, thanks..

It depends, they may work and they may not work. What needles do you have and what are the new needles?

the old needles were factory out of an 06 and they have some writing on them but i cant determine what it says... the new ones are a kit off ebay, non brand specific... but i just went out n tried it out , i also went up to a 290 main, that was the purpose of buying this kit, but it came with new needles, n turned out i needed them, but neways put it on the 3 clip setting and it bogs a lil at bottom n mid, put powerband is way better now doesnt flatten out... so that means up a clip setting? thanks for your help

t neways put it on the 3 clip setting and it bogs a lil at bottom n mid, put powerband is way better now doesnt flatten out... so that means up a clip setting? thanks for your help

Lower the clip to raise the needle