Transmission or Clutch Problem?

Hey guys, i recently purchased a banshee from my uncle and i took everything apart (split the cases) and then i put everything back together and i can't get my banshee to shift at all! The banshee runs perfect, it idles and revs and everything, but i cant get it to move and inch. The clutch seems like it is not disengaging or engaging when i have it pulled in or let it out, i know this because i took the clutch side cover off and the shift star shows that the banshee is in first gear, and when i start it up it won't move! even with me letting the clutch out. i can move the quad like it is in neutral but it sounds like something is catching every couple inches i move the quad. When i start the quad and try to shift, the shift lever is super stiff and it won't shift into any gears at all! it feels like something is holding it back from shifting. I replaced two transmission gears on one of the shafts, which a motorcycle mechanic told me needed to be replaced, so yea, i don't know what is the problem, i did notice that the clutch actuator arm seems to be lifting out of the case a little bit, and i did notice it had some wear on it when i re-installed it, but my uncle told me that he never had problems with it, so any help from any one would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys, and let me know if you need any more info.

Well,the clutch not working wouldn't keep it from going in gear; so that may be a seperate issue. Did you take the shift forks out at any point? If so, they could have gotten mixed up. There are 2 different forks.

the transmission forks are in right because i did not remove them or the shift drum, so i know that those are in there right, as far as the two transmission gears that i replaced, i am almost positive that i put them in right, all washers and clips were there too, but i guess there is always that possibility that i didn't do it right. I was just hoping to see if there was anything that i could check before i have to split the cases again!

i bought a new shift shaft modified from jeff at FAST and easy spring and ecentric scew but the ecentric scew didn't have any grooves on it, how do i know if the ecentric scew is adjusted right if there are no grooves on it for the spring?

did you line up the clutch pressure plate and the boss? there is a lil arrow on them you need to line up.

when your trying to shift it does the shifter MOVE? can you geel the drum rotate at all?>

did you ask that motorcycle "mechainc" what's wrong? sounds like you have something jammed up or trashed inside of it did you hammer the cases back together? did it take a lot on the bolts to get them to seal.

i bought a new shift shaft modified from jeff at FAST and easy spring and ecentric scew but the ecentric scew didn't have any grooves on it, how do i know if the ecentric scew is adjusted right if there are no grooves on it for the spring?

There is NOT supposed to be any groove on the eccentric, if you old one was grooved then it was trashed. Yuo are supposed to turn the eccentric so the hooks on the shift shaft have equal gaps to the pins on the shift star, with it in gear, not in nuetral.

The clutch pressure plate and the clutch boss might not be lined up right, i know i lined them up right the first time i did everything, but when i put in the new shift shaft, easy spring and ecentric scew, i think i forgot to line them up again, that could be part of the problem, but not all of it, b/c when i had it lined up to begin with, it still wouldn't shift. The cases went together fine, i didn't have to hammer them together and the bolts sealed fine on them. I know for sure everything is right with the ecentric screw, like was said the old one had grooves in it, and i replaced it with a new one, and it is lined up with the correct gaps on the shift star, thanx for that by the way. I can't get the shift drum to move to any gear at all, i can watch it move a tad but thats it. I think my best bet is to split the cases again, and make sure that everything is right and go back through everything and make sure its all there and right, if anyone has any other tips, it would be greatly appreciated, and thanks guys for all your input already, i will keep you posted! thanx again!