blaster pistons

im currently running a hotrods stock stroke crank with 5mm longer rods. ive got 66mm 795 series pistons and its about time for a rebuild. the furthest u can go in a 795 series piston is .080(66mm) over. is there a reason for this? can i run blaster pistons that are 66.5mm, which would be .100 over for banshee pistons, or would it be safe? ive got a pro design cool head with 21cc domes.

i had a feeling i would have to get the domes cut. my main concern was if it would be reliable with 66.5mm pistons in stock cylinders

I dont have any experiance running 100 over. I know guys do it. It should be alittle more reliable if your running a stock stroke long rod crank.

Give noss a call he can hook you up with the domes. Make sure you get big bore blaster piston doms. The big bore has the o ring moved out a little farther.

you can run the stock jugs that high over but wouldn't recomend it and if you run blaster pistons you can make make more power than stockers if the domes are cut right

I dont have any experiance running 100 over. I know guys do it. It should be alittle more reliable if your running a stock stroke long rod crank.

Give noss a call he can hook you up with the domes. Make sure you get big bore blaster piston doms. The big bore has the o ring moved out a little farther.

so i can get the noss big bore blaster domes and they will bolt on to my pro design head without any machining? will i have to get the pistons machined any?

so i can get the noss big bore blaster domes and they will bolt on to my pro design head without any machining? will i have to get the pistons machined any?

You dont need to touch the pistons. Just make sure you check the squish before you fire it up.

The domes will fit right in your cool head. They just dont have the outer lip for the o ring grove. They use the shell as the outer lip.

Here is a shot of my 4 mill long rod blaster piston big bore domes.

SwainTechDome.jpg

BigBoreBlasterDome2.jpg

It is like riding 2 blasters at once.

I don't really know the performance difference between standard banshee pistons and blaster pistons.

I just ran them when I had a 4mill long rod and stock cylinders resleeved with big bore sleeves. 66mm-68mm bore.