Street Bike engine in Banshee

Loc

I am looking at putting a fuel injected street bike engine into a Banshee. I have a rolling chassis waiting for wrecked bike. I am going to put in a R6 engine. I am looking for some builds or some pics that I could use as reference. Someone point me in the right direction. Also just to let you know this will be a straight line bike for duning and racing. No jumping and no trails.

I am looking at putting a fuel injected street bike engine into a Banshee. I have a rolling chassis waiting for wrecked bike. I am going to put in a R6 engine. I am looking for some builds or some pics that I could use as reference. Someone point me in the right direction. Also just to let you know this will be a straight line bike for duning and racing. No jumping and no trails.

put a banshee motor in it, and you'll be more happier with it, the banshee frame is too thin to sometimes handle such a big and heavy engine, it may fail if you dont weld it in the right spots and add some reinforces to it, just put a banshee motor and be done lol

there are two members here that have done that swap to a few of their bikes. they look nice. they are sandrage and LS1INFERNO. contact them they are some cool dudes.

Edited by bennieben1

I say go for it, would be a nice project......sorry i cant provide much insight other than you shouldnt have any issues with supporting motor, a 600cc motor isnt that much heavier. Maybe a few extra gussets wouldnt hurt...Theres several guys around here thats done a streetbike swap. A guy here with a kawasaki zx10 motor in his banshee and installation looks factory. Hes been riding his for years with no issues..

I plan on stretching it out a bit and adding some solid steel core in the top and bottom of the frame for extra support. Something like cut frame, drill support holes, slide in solid core and then weld the solid core to the frame where the holes are. Should make it very sturdy. I want it to be a factory looking setup, not a junked up mess. It will take all winter long if it has to. I will be in contact with the ones that have done it.

I would put a banshee motor in but I have two banshee's with banshee motors. So I am ready for something different.

the banshee chassis just isn't tall enough to fit the engine.. You'll have to cut the top rails for the motor to fit.. also.. when doing a street bike swap you'll loose 20-30% of the bike engines rated power by putting it into a quad.. There was a big write up about it on another site. If you dig around over on planet sand you'll find it.

You'll find that you'll get beat my much smaller bikes in a drag race. Ask loco, he's done the swap.

I'm not saying not to do it.. just giving you some idea on what to expect.

the banshee chassis just isn't tall enough to fit the engine.. You'll have to cut the top rails for the motor to fit.. also.. when doing a street bike swap you'll loose 20-30% of the bike engines rated power by putting it into a quad.. There was a big write up about it on another site. If you dig around over on planet sand you'll find it.

You'll find that you'll get beat my much smaller bikes in a drag race. Ask loco, he's done the swap.

I'm not saying not to do it.. just giving you some idea on what to expect.

maybe locos wasn't setup right, geometry off? Lol I dunno. I just don't see a 20-30% loss putting a 120hp motor into

something lighter, like I said there's a fuel injected 05 zx10 in a shee here that will flat rip, headwork, billet cams, pc3, exhaust the whole nine. You better not jump on the asphalt with him. Lol. Juss sayin. Would I butcher up my frame no, a 100 dollar ebay frame and $200 gsxr 750 motor. In the process! Shhhhhhh dnt tell lol